Plain Old Tele

How I Live Now (2013)

How I Live Now (2013)  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Well, I waited to see this movie for quite some time now. I've been following Saoirse Ronan closely and have to say she makes some good decisions when it comes to movies.

Whilst this movie had a certain 'About Time' (a movie I didn't really like) to it, I can say that I liked this one way more, despite it having some flaws. First of all, and the biggest issue, is the script. It was too short, refusing to let us really connect with some characters. The movie sits at 100 minutes (or around that mark) when it should've been 140-150 minutes easily. But yeah, I understand, budget issues and things such as. The remaining issues are mostly minor, so I won't go over them. The other big issues are pacing and stuff such as, which can be attributed to the movie having a weak script.

The acting from the child actors was bad. Not really bad, but bad. The older actors (Ronan, and the other guy) were really good in it. It had good editing and cinematography. The score didn't stand out (Not even sure it's got one).

This movie also has one of the best scenes of this year, at least for me. That moment when the third world war begins, with the bomb striking London is simply brilliantly directed.