7 members have voted

1. 1. Rope

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This is the best Hitchcock film I've seen; yes, I like it even more than Psycho. The amount of suspense that is built in one apartment during a dinner party is simply amazing. I do like that it was shot like a stage play, and all the cuts were in a way that you couldn't tell they were happening (zooming into someone's back, etc). I don't quite understand why it's one of Hitchock's least remembered films, but to me it was simply amazing. I think every Hitchcock fan, even movie fanatics in general should see this film.A

• Like 1

I would have loved if it wasn't for the underwhelming ending. Incredibly tense, genius camera work and really interesting characters, especially the two leads and Rupert.

This was my second Hitchcock and I give it an 85/100

Dial M for Murder next

Edited by Goffe Ascending
  • Like 1

Very entertaining, beautifully directed technical and performing exercise. You know it's the work of a master just from that one shot where John Dall drops the rope in the drawer and we only see it for a second while the door swings. Not anywhere near as substantial as Hitchcock's best films but who cares.

• Like 2