Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' stronger than predecessor

There is one in Florence. I think it is the closest you will find from Pisa

http://www.mymovies.it/cinema/firenze/5039/

I don't think this is in english: "versione originale" don't means "original language". Uci Cinemas chain had a show in Milano http://www.ucicinemas.it/generic/scheda.php?id=35456#inside

In any case in Italy is very hard to find original subtitled movies, italians don't like english. 

• Like 1

I don't think this is in english: "versione originale" don't means "original language". Uci Cinemas chain had a show in Milano http://www.ucicinemas.it/generic/scheda.php?id=35456#inside

In any case in Italy is very hard to find original subtitled movies, italians don't like english.

Long time ago I saw 300 in english at a small theater near Piazza del Popolo in Rome :)

I personally prefer to hear a movie in italian and I hate subtitles, even if I know english. 

Anyway, I thought that the "versione originale" was in english. So what's that?

• Like 1

I personally prefer to hear a movie in italian and I hate subtitles, even if I know english. 

I think it depends on the movie. I don't mind watching The Hobbit in Spanish but in movies like The Hours for example the voices are part of the acting so I prefer original versions. I hate Meryl Streep in Spanish :P

The cinema linked by Henry is in the middle of Florence, very close to Piazza del Duomo and Piazza della Signoria, that obviously are full of tourists coming from all over the world. So is also possible that they show the international version in english.

In any case, even if he don't see the movie, he can visit one of the most beautiful places in the whole world.

• Like 2

I read that "version originale" means that it's in english with Italian subtitles.

Checked with my hostel - nowhere in Pisa has this :(

Go to Florence! It's a very very beautiful city! Edroger is right! Pisa only has the tower and its surrounding area, 2 hours is more than enough to see that ;)

Don't have enough time sadly. Going to Barcelona tomorrow!

Awesome!! Welcome to my city!! If you need anything just let me know!! We have a couple of theatres where you could see JW in English. My favorite is called Balaña Balmes. I can give you discount tickets for it :)

JW passed 10M euro in 10 days; € 10.163.067 with 1.399.056 admissions and 2,55M in 2nd weekend. If the good performance in weekdays continues, as usual in summer, we will see interesting numbers, considering also the zero competition in this moment: this weekend JW represents the 55% of top 20 market share, as the new releases have failed to get interest or totally bombed (Local comedy 520K, Unfriended 470K and Hot Pursuit under 100K), while the holdovers are out of run (Tomorrowland 3,1M - Fury 3,7M - San Andreas 2,5M).

• Like 4

2015 – Top Ten Euros   OD Exchange Rate $   Admissions  
1 Fifty Shades of Grey 19.63 m Feb,12th 1.13 22.2 m 2.83 m
2 American Sniper 19.03 m Jan, 1st 1.21 23.1 m 2.80 m
3 Fast & Furious 7 18.64 m Apr, 2nd 1.08 20.1 m 2.69 m
4 Avengers 2: Age of Ultron 16.54 m Apr, 22nd 1.07 17.7 m 2.30 m
5 Si Accettano Miracoli 15.47 m Jan, 1st 1.21 18.8 m 2.35 m
6 Cinderella 14.94 m Mar, 12th 1.06 15.9 m 2.40 m
7 Jurassic World 10.16 m Jun, 11th 1.13 11.5 m 1.40 m
8 The Imitation Game 8.32 m Jan, 1st 1.21 10.1 m 1.30 m
9 Exodus 6.13 m Jan, 15th 1.18 7.2 m 0.89 m
10 Night at the Museum 3 5.79 m Jan, 28th 1.13 6.5 m 0.90 m
  • Like 2

Don't have enough time sadly. Going to Barcelona tomorrow!

Few theatre in SPN have subtitled JW, Barcelona/Madrid region mostly

2D/Dub 360 (24 dubbed in Catalan)

3D/Dub 234 (7 Catalan)

2D/Sub 24

3D/Sub 10

2% BO comes from Sub

• Like 1

After 61 weeks (23 of these at #1) in a row Frozen is out of top ten for Home Video sales. It is top selling title in season 13/14 and 14/15, in calendar 2014 and, for now, in calendar 2015. It has been able, by alone, to stop the yearly double digit drop trend of the market. Congrats.

• Like 3

JW after two full weeks: € 11.127.428 and 1.553.779 admissions. 2nd week drop 32%. Average ticket price 7,16€.

An interesting stat coming from SIAE (their datas are more complete and accurate than Cinetel): % of tickets sold by day of week in thursday opening era.

Mon  8,16%

Tue  9,35%

Wed 11,16%

Thr 10,49%

Fri 12,27%

Sat 23,50%

Sun 25,07%

Edited by edroger
  • Like 3