Jump to content

Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

Omni

Free Account+
  • Content Count

    1,434
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Omni last won the day on January 15

Omni had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,030 Likes

About Omni

  • Rank
    Box Office Gold

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Italy
  • Interests
    Disney
    Science
    Disney
    Philosophy
    Disney

Recent Profile Visitors

1,936 profile views
  1. It's reliable. Corpse says the movie is down 6% Sat-to-Sat and that a 1B+ yen is likely.
  2. Fact is...as soon as Aladdin slows down, it will really slow down. We shouldn't do the same mistake we did on Frozen. I'd go with 7.25M admissions. Long live the king and Toy Story 4 open in a few days.
  3. It does. EG has stabilized quite well (about damn time!). Not too late to pass Avatar's first run.
  4. Could have been worse. Cinderella is still in play as long as the weekend is closer to 600K than 500K. It will pass Maleficent in both gross and admissions tomorrow (5% chance), on Monday (60%) or on Tuesday (35%).
  5. 14/06/19 (Friday) 1 PETS 2 - VITA DA ANIMALI (THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2) 06/06/2019 USA UNIVERSAL S.R.L. € 116.635 19.070 2 X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX (DARK PHOENIX) 06/06/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 106.141 16.268 3 ALADDIN 22/05/2019 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 100.335 15.623 4 I MORTI NON MUOIONO (THE DEAD DON'T DIE) 13/06/2019 USA UNIVERSAL S.R.L. € 43.944 6.667 5 IL TRADITORE 23/05/2019 ITA 01 DISTRIBUTION € 41.655 6.586 6 GODZILLA 2: KING OF THE MONSTERS (GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS) 30/05/2019 USA WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 33.718 5.121 7 POLAROID 06/06/2019 USA NOTORIOUS PICT. S.P.A. € 26.336 4.083 8 ROCKETMAN 29/05/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 25.263 3.855 9 IL GRANDE SALTO 13/06/2019 ITA MEDUSA FILM S.P.A. € 23.784 4.050 10 BEAUTIFUL BOY 13/06/2019 USA 01 DISTRIBUTION € 12.796 2.149 Wasteland. Most increases in the 20/30% range, The Dead Don't Die even achieved a phenomenal DROP on the Friday after a pathetical OD. Beauty and the Beast > 125K (+52%) Cinderella > 116K (+14%) > weekdays inflated by Easter holidays Aladdin > 100K (+26%) Maleficent > 60K (-43%) > due to Italy vs Costa Rica, Football WC Pets 2 headed for a 40% drop (625/650K), Dark Phoenix and Aladdin should be around 45% (525/550K). Godzilla 60% o.O
  6. 13/06/19 (Thursday) 1 PETS 2 - VITA DA ANIMALI (THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2) 06/06/2019 USA UNIVERSAL S.R.L. € 96.151 16.294 2 X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX (DARK PHOENIX) 06/06/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 87.455 14.079 3 ALADDIN 22/05/2019 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 79.739 13.234 4 I MORTI NON MUOIONO (THE DEAD DON'T DIE) 13/06/2019 USA UNIVERSAL S.R.L. € 44.521 7.070 5 IL TRADITORE 23/05/2019 ITA 01 DISTRIBUTION € 31.609 5.255 6 GODZILLA 2: KING OF THE MONSTERS (GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS) 30/05/2019 USA WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 26.512 4.216 7 IL GRANDE SALTO 13/06/2019 ITA MEDUSA FILM S.P.A. € 18.795 3.323 8 POLAROID 06/06/2019 USA NOTORIOUS PICT. S.P.A. € 18.429 3.009 9 ROCKETMAN 29/05/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 17.461 2.762 10 BEAUTIFUL BOY 13/06/2019 USA 01 DISTRIBUTION € 9.945 1.733 All the openers failed. Pets 2 and Dark Phoenix held well, especially the former. Aladdin, on the other hand, is running out of audience. But it's totally normal for a movie in its 4th week to hold better than new moviews here. Maleficent > 103K (-37%) Cinderella > 102K (-37.5%) Beauty and the Beast > 88K (-54%) Aladdin > 80K (-40%) Pets is probably the only movie this weekend that will go above 100K admissions. The magic of summer!
  7. 12/06/19 (Wednesday) 1 PETS 2 - VITA DA ANIMALI (THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2) 06/06/2019 USA UNIVERSAL S.R.L. € 151.874 27.857 2 ALADDIN 22/05/2019 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 132.894 24.539 3 X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX (DARK PHOENIX) 06/06/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 129.424 23.296 4 IL TRADITORE 23/05/2019 ITA 01 DISTRIBUTION € 51.729 9.835 5 GODZILLA 2: KING OF THE MONSTERS (GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS) 30/05/2019 USA WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 47.548 8.420 6 ROCKETMAN 29/05/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 37.933 7.091 7 POLAROID 06/06/2019 USA NOTORIOUS PICT. S.P.A. € 33.489 5.988 8 A MANO DISARMATA 06/06/2019 ITA EAGLE PICTURES S.P.A. € 17.926 3.528 9 DOLOR Y GLORIA 17/05/2019 ESP WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 12.124 2.309 10 JOHN WICK 3 - PARABELLUM (JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3) 16/05/2019 USA 01 DISTRIBUTION € 6.135 1.031 Pets 2 poised for a great hold this weekend. Kind of weak for Aladdin this time. It's at 13.45M right before its 4th weekend. Needs a sub-50% (which should happen - but who knows) drop to still have a realistic chance against Cinderella (15M). Beauty and the Beast > 193K (+20% or so) Maleficent > 164K (-2%) Cinderella > 163K (+39%) Aladdin > 133K (+5%)
  8. 11/06/19 (Tuesday) 1 PETS 2 - VITA DA ANIMALI (THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2) 06/06/2019 USA UNIVERSAL S.R.L. € 129.200 22.670 2 ALADDIN 22/05/2019 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 125.711 21.983 3 X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX (DARK PHOENIX) 06/06/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 112.283 18.681 4 IL TRADITORE 23/05/2019 ITA 01 DISTRIBUTION € 47.937 8.430 5 GODZILLA 2: KING OF THE MONSTERS (GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS) 30/05/2019 USA WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 40.486 6.534 6 POLAROID 06/06/2019 USA NOTORIOUS PICT. S.P.A. € 31.672 5.230 7 ROCKETMAN 29/05/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 31.126 5.285 8 ROYAL OPERA HOUSE 2018-2019 15/10/2018 GBR NEXO DIGITAL S.P.A. € 25.984 2.383 9 A MANO DISARMATA 06/06/2019 ITA EAGLE PICTURES S.P.A. € 15.211 2.830 10 DOLOR Y GLORIA 17/05/2019 ESP WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 11.398 2.045 Aladdin back to #2. Dark Phoenix could have held worse. Maleficent > 168K (+2%) Aladdin > 126K (+7%) Cinderella > 118K (+0%) Can't find BatB's actual number, but it should be around 150/160K. Also, yesterday I pasted BatB's Thursday number instead of its Monday, which was just skipped by the source I get the numbers from. Fixed.
  9. Awesome trailer again! Guess I'll need anxiolytics the days before the release of this movie...
  10. So France's population is just 10% above Italy's, yet Dark Phoenix in France sells more tickets on OW than Pets 2, 3rd weekend of Aladdin, DP and all the other openers combined. Okay. Glad the last chapter of the X-Men wasn't a letdown there. Congratulations to Endgame for the top spot. And....number 9, Aaaalita!!!!
  11. 10/06/19 (Monday) 1 PETS 2 - VITA DA ANIMALI (THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2) 06/06/2019 USA UNIVERSAL S.R.L. € 126.826 21.449 2 X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX (DARK PHOENIX) 06/06/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 118.454 19.048 3 ALADDIN 22/05/2019 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 117.497 19.470 4 IL TRADITORE 23/05/2019 ITA 01 DISTRIBUTION € 44.106 7.602 5 GODZILLA 2: KING OF THE MONSTERS (GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS) 30/05/2019 USA WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 43.281 7.015 6 POLAROID 06/06/2019 USA NOTORIOUS PICT. S.P.A. € 33.439 5.238 7 ROCKETMAN 29/05/2019 USA 20TH CENTURY FOX ITALIA S.P.A. € 31.492 5.553 8 A MANO DISARMATA 06/06/2019 ITA EAGLE PICTURES S.P.A. € 13.548 2.528 9 DOLOR Y GLORIA 17/05/2019 ESP WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 8.903 1.487 10 AVENGERS: ENDGAME 24/04/2019 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 8.497 2.159 The absolute numbers are awful, but the % drops are helped by summer holidays (which last for 3 full months in Italy). Endgame back in the top 10 thanks to another couple of days (yesterday and today) with discount tickets and increased number of showings. Comparisons for Aladdin: 3rd Weekends Beauty and the Beast > 2.29M (-51%) // 17.67M // 20.5M total Cinderella > 1.47M (-60%) // 12.63M // 15.0M total Maleficent > 1.30M (-13%) // 10.89M // 14.0M total Aladdin > 1.0M (-64%) // 13.05M // ?? total Aladdin with the worst 3rd weekend of the bunch, but the total gross is still ahead of Cinderella. Maleficent is locked to go down. 3rd Mondays Maleficent > 165K (-74.5%) Beauty and the Beast > 130K (-87%) Cinderella > 118K (-79.5%) Aladdin > 117K (-66%) Late legs for Maleficent were just great, while Beauty and the Beast kind of freefell after its 3rd weekend (not like it's an uncommon thing here). This Thursday...basically no release. We have Beautiful Boy, The Dead don't Die, local mocie (and probable flop) Il Grande Salto and some random limited releases. The top 3 movies will try to take advantage of that.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.