The Rescuers (1977)

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Rescuers

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

From 1970-1988 it was the "Disney Dark Age" out of all the dark age films this is my favorite. It almost seems like after this one something bad happened and the next few animated films by Disney were not that good. (Robin Hood and Aristocats are other ones I love from the 70s)

Most 70s kids films were not that great-but there were not a lot (when ET came out it was considered a big wow as at that point most kids films were either too creepy or too cheesy)

Anyway this film is very well made and well crafted.

Back in 1990 I thought the sequel was better though :P

A

I have fond memories (saw it on the big screen then) but have to say that it doesn't stand the test of growing up as well as other Disney fare (Aristocats is one of my few 10/10 at imdb).

There's some fun stuff in there - the mouse organisation, the alligator hunt - but also some lengths, a pointless plot, and that trite "Rescue Me" song which really gets grating after a while ...