Shadow

Ghostbusters II

Any others here who like the second Ghostbusters movie and consider it underrated? The original is (rightfully) a beloved classic but I always felt the second film was extremely entertaining but everybody is always hating on it. I think it's a shame it doesn't enjoy the same reception as the first. I can understand thinking the original is better but I think the second one is great in it's own right, too. The main cast was back and still had the same great chemistry, it had the same winning balance of scares and humor like the first and it's full of many memorable scenes and quotes just like the original. Both movies to me are endlessly rewatchable.Can't believe both are now 30 and 25 respectively, how time flies.

I think the second has a lot of great moments like the first one, like the river of slime being found and the courtroom scene with the Scoleri Brothers and the Statue Of Liberty. Plus Vigo had a lot of freaky scenes.

The Titanic clip reminds me, a lot of people write off the second film as being more childish and tame than the first but I highly disagree. I find it's got more frightening moments in it like the heads on the stakes in the subway, the slime in the bathtub, many of Vigo's scenes, the whole Ghost Janosz scene, etc. the overall tone feels more Horror-like than the first to me.

Forgot to mention before, but while it's kind of minor, I always really liked the charcoal-colored uniforms in this one and wish they'd been used more, especially during the finale.

Always liked the Slime Blowers a lot too, great addition to the arsenal. I loved how the video game integrated it into the Proton Pack.

Both films were huge parts of my childhood and I loved the second film as a kid. It was Ghostbusters! I haven't fully re-watched it as an adult, but the scenes I see on TV are still so nostalgic. It wasn't one of the greatest comedies of all time like its predecessor. Not by a long shot. But again, it was Ghostbusters, Proton Packs, and Peter fucking Venkman – if you're a kid in the 80s or early 90s what else do you need.. 

• Like 1

Recently watched both movies on Blu-ray from the new set, wow do they look great. GB2 has always been pretty modern-looking but the new Blu-ray makes it look like it completed filming yesterday. All sorts of neat little details noticable in both movies that I never spotted on the VHS and DVD versions.

Still here a year later.

It'll be interesting to see when people compare this movie and the reboot when the latter is out this Summer. I bet GB2 wil enjoy a resurgence of respect and appreciation when the reboot is out which is about the sole thing about the reboot I look forward to.