Life of Brian

In Bruges

Back to the Future

In the Loop

Elf

Hot Fuzz

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

I'm only going to include movies I've seen all the way through multiple times. As with Jack, in no particular order:GhostbustersBack to the Future [if Jack counts it as a comedy, I will too]Duck SoupThe Great RacePee-Wee's Big AdventureClerksGalaxy QuestBlazing SaddlesA Night at the OperaWayne's WorldNational Lampoon's Animal HouseBoratGroundhog DayMonty Python and the Holy GrailThe Producers [the original, of course]A Christmas StoryWho Framed Roger RabbitYoung FrankensteinNational Lampoon's VacationThe Princess BrideBeetlejuiceThe Blues BrothersHome AloneMonty Python's Life of BrianUHFDrop Dead Fred [yes, I'm serious; this is a big "guilty pleasure" favorite of mine]Here are a few other comedies which I didn't feel right putting on the above list because either I'd only seen them once, I'd only seen parts of them, I'd seen certain parts/scenes multiple times but had only seen the whole thing once, I'd seen the whole thing but not all in one sitting, or only part of the movie qualifies:Trading PlacesAirplane!Dumb and DumberTropic ThunderA Day at the RacesAnchormanThis is Spinal TapArsenic and Old LaceIt's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad WorldBraindeadA Shot in the DarkThis is the EndShaun of the DeadSpaceballsSingin' in the Rain [One of my favorite musicals, but I'm including it here because I think that the section involving turning The Dueling Cavalier into a talking picture (climaxing in the disastrous test screening), along with every scene involving Lina Lamont, is absolutely hilarious. I just didn't feel like I should put it on the main list, because I don't consider the other parts of the film funny in the same way.]

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

Design for Living (1933)

To Be or Not to Be (1942)

The Apartment (1960)

Dr. Strangelove (1964)

Batman (1966)

The Sting (1973)

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Stranger Than Paradise (1984)

Withnail & I (1987)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)

When Harry Met Sally... (1989)

Braindead (1992)

Schizopolis (1996)

Flirting with Disaster (1996)

The Big Lebowski (1998)

There's Something About Mary (1998)

Rushmore (1998)

Election (1999)

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

Walk Hard (2007)

In the Loop (2009)

Black Dynamite (2009)

A Serious Man (2009)

• Like 1

this is the end (2013)

the heat (2013) 

ted (2012) 

the big lebowski (1998)

me,myself and irene (2000)

dumb and dumber (1994)

shaun of the dead (2004)(horror-comedy)

the change up (2011)

van wilder (2002)

knocked up (2007)

project x (2012)

hot tub time machine (2010)

kick ass (2010)

kick ass 2 (2013)

hot fuzz (2007), true lies (1994) (action comedy) 

horrible bosses (2011)

crazy,stupid,love (2011)

this means war (2012)

pineapple express (2008)

we're the millers (2013)

hitch (2005)

the ugly truth (2009)

warm bodies (2013) (horror comedy) 

the proposal (2009)

definitely maybe (2008)

take me home tonight (2011)

whats your number (2011)

scary mvoie 4 parts (2000 to 2006) but dont dare to see scary movie 5 its too worst 

zombie land (2009) (horror comedy )

harold and kumar go to white castle (2k4)

harold and kumar escape from guantanamo bay (2008)

a very harold and kumar christmas (2011)

the girl next door (2004)

grown ups (2010)

bridesmaids (2011)

snatch(2000) ,rocknrolla (2008) ,kiss kiss bang bang (2005) (crime comedy movies )

dark shadows (2012) ,fright night (2011) (horror comedy movies)

bill and ted's excellent adventure (1989) , & back to the future 3 parts (1985 to 1990) ( adventure comedy movies )

DON JON (2013) 

due date (2010)

the 40 year old virgin (2005)

those movies which are not mentioned in brackets are adult comedies which i liked and watched

• Like 2

Design for Living (1933)To Be or Not to Be (1942)The Apartment (1960)Dr. Strangelove (1964)Batman (1966)The Sting (1973)This Is Spinal Tap (1984)Stranger Than Paradise (1984)Withnail & I (1987)Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)When Harry Met Sally... (1989)Braindead (1992)Schizopolis (1996)Flirting with Disaster (1996)The Big Lebowski (1998)There's Something About Mary (1998)Rushmore (1998)Election (1999)O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)Walk Hard (2007)In the Loop (2009)Black Dynamite (2009)A Serious Man (2009)

Glad someone added Mary which was a big omission IMO.Ps. I love the apartment but is it really a comedy, not even a dark comedy. IMO, it has to be closer to a serious drama than a comedy???

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to include The Apartment myself, but I've always thought of it as a comedy with dramatic elements. It combines serious moments with jokes and satire, and the overall tone is pretty light, I think. Then there's the ending.

• Like 1

Here are some that I can think of now.Wedding crashes40 year virginMidnight RunA fish called WandaHis girl FridayMean girlsAnchorman Princess brideThe sure thingDodgeballStir crazySilver streakSeems like good timesYoung FrankensteinOld SchoolAnimal HouseAnnie HallArthurElfKingpinHot fuzzShawn of the deadKingpinWhite men can't jumpHappy GilmoreThe HangoverWhen Harry met SallyOffice spaceVacationRoger rabbitTootsieThe odd coupleGroundhog DayCaddieshackWhat about bobRushmorePrincess brideGhostbustersGremlinsPlanes trains automobilesTrading places48 hoursComing to AmericaIt happened one nightSouth ParkTeam America Duck soupThe naked gunBlazing saddlesPink pantherMonty Python and the holy grailAirplane

Edited by Lazer Deadshot

i go to criticker, and filter by comedy, and these are the results that pop up with a score of 8.5/10 or higher. i've bolded the ones i actually count as comedies:

satantango (1994)

dogtooth (2010)

the idiots (1998)

dr strangelove (1964)

playtime (1967)

devils on the doorstep (2000)

another year (2010)

being john malkovich (1999)

borat (2006)

brazil (1985)

sweet movie (1974)

tommorrow we move (2004)

everything will be ok (2006)

other movies that i've laughed a lot at, even if they're not so good on the whole:

airplane

this is spinal tap

the big lebowski

fargo

mary and max

south park

fantastic mr fox

a serious man

happy-go-lucky

and a whole bunch of others.