iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

#22: Kung Fu Panda (2008) - 500 Points

Country of origin: USA (Dreamworks Animation)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated

Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
In the Valley of Peace, Po the Panda finds himself chosen as the Dragon Warrior despite the fact that he is obese and a complete novice at martial arts.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Kung Fu Panda is the first film in this list to have at least 500 total points! It also has the lowest average score in the Top 25 at 18.5.

IMDB trivia:
To get the ambiance of the film, production designer Raymond Zibach and art director Heng Tang spent years researching Chinese art and kung fu movies. This effort, combined with the rest of the crew's extensive research and knowledge of Chinese culture, so impressed the Chinese that there were meetings by official government cultural bodies to discuss why their own country has not produced animated films of such quality themselves.

BOF User Review:
A-
-Firedeep, 2013

(short and sweet :P)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

• Like 13

Na... Kung Too Panda is there best

Well...Kung Fu Panda is a great movie.

But HTTYD is their best.

You are both wrong.Shrek is their best.

Kung Fu Panda vs. Shrek vs. HTTYD, battle of the ChD gang!

Well it looks like KFP is out of the running, now it's HTTYD vs. Shrek :P

• Like 1

The Little Mermaid is a great movie. It's not one of my favorites from the Disney Renaissance, but it's definitely up there.

Part of Your World is one of my all-time favorite Disney songs:

I can't help but sing along to it. It's got great character development, and it's kind of upbeat and melancholy at the same time. I loooove it!  :wub:

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 5

I would agree that Tangled is the better movie. It's more unique, and has much better humor.

But characters that you just don't care about, and better humor, WTF!

To be honest if Tangled makes the top 10 (or at least ahead of Frozen) and Finding Nemo makes the top 5 I will be happy with this list.

I second Finding Nemo in the top 5 would make everything OK.

I would agree that Tangled is the better movie. It's more unique, and has much better humor.

I agree as well, it has a lot more charm in my opinion, and it feels more complete.  With Frozen I felt like everything through Let it Go (and then a few sparkling moments afterwards) was clean and sharp, much of the rest just seemed like they needed more time to finalize everything.

Anna also seems like a rehash of Rapunzel, while I will get Frozen credit for a lot of its ambition, Tangled worked its way into my emotions and really captured that Disney-esque essence for me.  I really liked it the first time, but after seeing it a couple more times I grew to love it, it was the opposite for Frozen for me.  The first time I viewed Frozen I loved it, but my opinion of it degraded after my first viewing.

• Like 1