chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Discussion and Rules - SCORES ARE TALLIED RESULTS COUNTDOWN IN PROGRESS!!!

The odd thing is I *have* a backup for that question, and I have no idea why I would've put it there if I hadn't been told to do it.

Chas provided 6 spots in the template (probably due to copy pasting), so everyone entered 6. But he didn't mention a backup in the question. Just saying that we followed the letter of the law in the case of "The Interview" and "American Sniper", so we should follow whatever is there in the question for this list as well. With "The Interview" and Sniper's January OW/non top-7 OW, Chasmmi kind of set the precedent that whatever is written in the rules should be followed.

• Like 1

Chas provided 6 spots in the template (probably due to copy pasting), so everyone entered 6. But he didn't mention a backup in the question. Just saying that we followed the letter of the law in the case of "The Interview" and "American Sniper", so we should follow whatever is there in the question for this list as well. With "The Interview" and Sniper's January OW/non top-7 OW, Chasmmi kind of set the precedent that whatever is written in the rules should be followed.

Then I'm probably gonna have to rescore it. The back up is supposed to be there, but the question was hastily rewritten to replace the WW OW question that was there before.  

People liking my near death experience :angry:

On the flip side though, have slept 14 hours and seem to be fully recovered so just need to get through the working day and then all systems should be go to get this all finished.

Well, it wasn't so much a "like" as a "sympathy" vote.  I mean, *liking* that wouldn't really be appropriate, because you don't want to like something that doesn't really go well.  In that situation, encouragement is really more appropriate.

So, I may have liked it, but really what I meant was:  "Don't feel bad, Death.  You'll get more chances at him down the road."

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Well, it wasn't so much a "like" as a "sympathy" vote.  I mean, *liking* that wouldn't really be appropriate, because you don't want to like something that doesn't really go well.  In that situation, encouragement is really more appropriate.

So, I may have liked it, but really what I meant was:  "Don't feel bad, Death.  You'll get more chances at him down the road."

grr... :angry:

I have just finished scoring but I'm tempted go back and find more negative points for you)

[but then I look at your score and it would just be mean to make it even smaller :P )

• Like 3

COUNTDOWN TIME!!!

So with a heavy heart, we can goodbye to this year's Winter Game and all that is left to do is find out who our winners are that will be walking away with the grand prizes!

*Bikini-clad moderators walk up and down stage parading a variety of different tiers of forum subscriptions*

...Thank you moderators, now without further a do, let's countdown our heroic players:

• Like 2

25th - FILMS

24th before the marking of parts A-E

9k=

Weekly Scores: 0

SOTM Scores: -10,000

Pre-season Questions: -180000

Hunger Games Questions: 0

Lowest Grossers: 0

Top 7 OW: 0

Top 10 WW: -250,000

Top 15: -150,000

Total Score: -590,000 points

Films only participated for one SOTM question, hence the very low score, but everyone who takes part here is worthy of classification. For that reason, this is not our last placed player, merely the player who placed 25th.

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 3

24th - Baumer

23rd before marking of parts A-E:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNSz8IqDNBk7jrWMQFT4S

Weekly Scores: 21,000

SOTM Scores: -28,000

Top 7 OW: 0

Top 15: -150,000

Total Score: -587,000 points

Coming in just ahead of Films due to a one week burst of Weekly question answering is our illustrious founder and mentor Baumer. the second of the two players not to make any pre-season predictions, this is the obvious reason why he, likes Films' finds himself so low on the list.

• Like 3

23rd - CmasterClay

25th before marking of Parts A-E

9k=

Weekly Scores: 10,000

SOTM Scores: -28.000

Top 7 OW: 141,000

Top 15: 423,000

Total Score: 116,000 points

Another non-player during the weekly phase of the game, Cmaster actually had a reasonably healthy top 15 prediction set and a very strong OW prediction indeed. Who knows what could have happened here with more questions answered...

• Like 3

22nd - The Panda

16th before marking parts A-E

Z

Weekly Scores: 50,000

SOTM Scores: 8.000

Pre-season Questions: 65,000

Hunger Games Questions: 40,000

Lowest Grossers: 20,000

Top 7 OW: 29,000

Top 10 WW: 40,000

Top 15: 126,000

Total Score: 378,000 points

Ironically partially screwed over by a bear (admittedly a Peruvian one not a Chinese one), Panda was a sporadic player in the early stages of the Weekly phase. However some unfortunate scheduling changes mixed with a couple of errant predictions put paid to any challenge for top spot this year. Luckily Summer is a mere 3 months away...

• Like 3

21st - Alpha

21st pre-marking of Parts A-E

Z

Weekly Scores: 52,000

SOTM Scores: -68.000

Pre-season Questions: 80,000

Top 7 OW: 14,000

Top 15: 617,000

Total Score: 445,000 points

Alpha can actually boast a pretty supreme set of top 15 predictions, being one of a handful of players to break 600k for that section. However a combination of not committing to some pre-season questions and dropping out of the weekly phase mid-game meant that a shot at the gold was not on the table.

However that top 15 score score strike fear into any summer players should Alpha return...

• Like 3

20th - Empire

18th pre-marking of Parts A-E

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStjD-FNiVw8n98tkEr59u

Weekly Scores: 232,000

SOTM Scores: -151.000

Pre-season Questions: 10,000

Hunger Games Questions: 95,000

Top 7 OW: 24,000

Top 10 WW: 15,000

Top 15: 460,000

Total Score: 695,000 points

A testament to what foolhardiness can bring you with the SOTM questions, Empire fell foul to the temptations of big points time and time again and each time was sadly stung by the whims of fate. Maybe in another time or another place, that SOTM score would be a proud positive number, providing the boost required to send this brave player rocketing into the mid-teen positions.

• Like 4

19th - Mahnamahna

22nd before marking parts A-E

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUPkQPpjq1ivnPXhKa8w3

Weekly Scores: 10,000

SOTM Scores: 28.000

Pre-season Questions: 50,000

Hunger Games Questions: 95,000

Top 7 OW: 9,000

Top 10 WW: 270,000

Top 15: 279,000

Total Score: 705,000 points

Just nipping in ahead of Empire, Mahnamahna is the highest-placed player not to take part in any weekly events. Sadly a strong WW prediction set was balanced by a weaker set of domestic predictions which could have been the difference between 19th and 18th place in the competition.

• Like 3