Ethan Hunt

top 50 films for the half decade; Kalo's list begins! (pg. 45)

35) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 2013

The_Hobbit-_The_Desolation_of_Smaug_more

The Best of the Hobbit films, best paced, best action, best dragon scene.

tumblr_mxukbphmDu1sgmptqo1_500.gif

18395-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug

tumblr_n2pb5bLE181qgco7qo2_500.gif

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

34) Django Unchained - 2012

django-fan-poster-concept-4.jpg

Quentin Tarantino is at it again with Django Unchained this time, which is brutal, raw, funny and a pretty sweet film. 

the_d_is_silent.gif

Django+unchained2.gif

Django-django-unchained-34728806-500-211

• Like 3

33) The Hunger Games - 2012

e734c94a79b103698b267cb1ce931c63.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence breaths life into Katniss completely owning the character, the world of Panem fully realized here, and it harsh and beautiful, if it weren't for the horrible "Mutation" letdown in third act, Hunger Games would be a near perfect film. 

The_hunger_games_salute_katniss.gif 

cinna-and-katniss-gif-katniss-everdeen-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do1smOv8rf4

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

32) The Impossible - 2012 

the_impossible_poster.jpg

Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor, are fantastic, in this fight for survival film about family and love, an excellent film. also if you want too see what the new Spider-Man is like, Tom Holland might put some of your fears to rest.  

giphy.gif

tumblr_mkxvj0qjb31rvq7pbo1_500.gif

tumblr_mg7dq2aVBf1qblnpao1_500.gif

• Like 1

30) Fruitvale Station - 2013

o-FRUITVALE-STATION-POSTER-570.jpg#Fruit

One of the last films to watch before creating this list, boy was I glad I did, not gonna lie it made me cry.. a lot.

tumblr_myl1txvsnT1ryy772o3_r1_250.gif

Fruitvale-Station-_Movie-Review-Docudram

tumblr_my13l7ltHI1qf1aoao6_250.gif

• Like 2

28) Wreck-It Ralph - 2012

Wreck-It-Ralph-GirlonS1st-drop.jpg

Disney really returned to form in the 10s, in my opinion toppling the quality of most recent Pixar films , Wreck-it Ralph is unique, funny imaginative and heartfelt, a modern disney classic. and "I'm Gonna Wreck it!"

Quot+why+are+your+hands+so+freakishly+bi

tumblr_ma9l8q6Mpn1qbxfjqo2_500.gif

tumblr_n2wr6m5FQT1rcmla1o2_250.gif

• Like 2

27) How To Train Your Dragon 2 - 2014

how_to_train_your_dragon_2_movie-wide.jp

How To Train Your Dragon 2, is a darker more mature sequel to a fantastic film, if How To Train Your Dragon 3 can keep the pace of the first to, it could be my favorite animated trilogy ever.

tumblr_n3to4sn1UK1sok0tuo3_500.gif

413.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asjzZ0-Zk8Y  

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 4

26) Captain America: The First Avenger - 2011

captain_america_the_first_avenger_poster

I know some consider this a weaker MCU film, I don't, it's an excellent period piece. Chris Evans knocks it out of the park as Captain America, as well as a great supporting cast. it's climax may be a bit o a letdown, but for some reason almost all of marvel's "Final action scenes" seem to be that way. 

world-without-comic-books-gif-captain-am

tumblr_nnq1i0l9pd1tctq75o2_500.gif

tumblr_lzm8m8u2Ut1qdd8wro1_500.gif

• Like 3

When Hiccup becomes the Alpha, I was literally screaming at the screen : "Hell Fucking Yeah !"

Jlaw s perfomance in Hunger Games is Oscar worthy. She s the only reason I got invested in the movie, character, franchise.

My first Hunger Games screening I will never forget.

I was like : " Who s that girl that made me feel 100 emotions for two hours, that made me see/feel the world of the Hunger Games through Katniss' eyes ( just like the book was written in the first person). She s so good and talented".

Then, Youtube & Tumblr.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

When Hiccup becomes the Alpha, I was literally screaming at the screen : "Hell Fucking Yeah !"

Jlaw s perfomance in Hunger Games is Oscar worthy. She s the only reason I got invested in the movie, character, franchise.

My first Hunger Games screening I will never forget.

I was like : " Who s that girl that made me feel 100 emotions for two hours, that made me see the world of the Hunger Games through Katniss' eyes ( just like the book was written in the first person). She s so good and talented".

Then, Youtube & Tumblr.

Imo Jennifer Lawrence deserved an Oscar nomination for Catching fire at the least. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

25) Thor - 2011

4a95c6ba9c637a9d597e139cf64243c4.jpg

Yet another underrated marvel film, Chris Hemsworth pretty knocked Thor out of the park imo, I find Thor a very well balanced film just the right touch of fantasy, drama humor and action, for the light-hearted kind of film it is at least, love the family dynamic it has too. Thor is very close with First Avenger for me, so close they flip flop placements for me sometimes, but Thor has a pretty solid third act so it gets the edge. Heres hoping Ragnarok is better than The Dark World. 

tumblr_lkt9ptPc2s1qamgpmo1_500.gif#thor%

9632354_orig.gif

Kat+Dennings+Chris+Hemsworth+Facebook+ph

• Like 1

24) The Way Way Back - 2013

53e55aa5aa3479166985a4e0bb7b59e2.jpg

Yet another late watch to my list, this movie just really hit a chord with me, I found Duncan extremely relatable especially when I think back to that age in my life, it's also nice to see a movie about a young teen who isn't completely unkillable, anyways it's fantastic see it if you haven't!

15-The-Way-Way-Back.gif

tumblr_muhu1k4DNy1s89mq8o1_500.gif

602-The-Way-Way-Back-quotes.gif

• Like 2

23) Locke - 2014

11180015_800.jpg

The Best Hardy performance I've seen, and considering he's my favorite actor of course a movie where he is the only on screen character would make my top 50 silly! not to worry 3 more Hardy movies still to come.

tom-hardy-locke.gif

ob_3d1248_tom-hardy-in-locke-tom-hardy-3

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

22) The Muppets - 2011

The-Muppets.jpg

Fantastic film! hilarious, and Amy Adams and Jason Segel add a perfect touch to bring the muppets back to their former glory.  

The-Muppets-travel-by-map-e.jpg

The-Muppets-travel-by-map-a.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9_zKm2Ewaw  

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

21) How To Train Your Dragon - 2010

prop_httyd_poster.jpg

A Masterpiece, beautiful coming of age story, with a breathtaking score, and gorgeous animation one of the best animated films to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJ96LGGP6w  

love-cartoons-comics-cute-friendship-dre

• Like 4