#ED

Dragon Ball Super (New DBZ Series)

Where can I watch this series?

here are some links

there are a number of anime streaming sites on the internet

I like this one because it lets me choose which player to use. Some of them seem to work much better on my computer than others, which give me a very jerky playback. (For example, I prefer the second option on this page.)

http://www.animeflavor.com/node/59500

That said, I have seen a number of people react to this episode by being shocked at how the Japanese voice actors sound. They're only used to the english DBZ voices.

You might want to strongly consider just watching the first 5 or 10 or however many episodes of the Buu saga on Dragon Ball Kai just so your ears can get used to the Japanese voices before watching DB Super. They just aired the final episode of DBZ Kai Buu saga last week, so DB Super really felt like a proper regular follow-up episode (well, looking past the very final episodes at the tournament 10 years later with Uub.)

So here's a link to the Kai version of the Buu saga. (Starting with the Great Saiyaman in all his glory.)

http://www.animeflavor.com/anime/dragon-ball-kai-2014

(And at the current pace, it feels like its going to be years and years before we ever get an english-dub version of the DB Kai Buu episodes anyway, so watching the Japanese versions of those is pretty much your only option.)

• Like 1

I've heard that this show may hit somewhere around 100 episodes, and (spoiler for what plot we might see over parts of the show)

the first two arcs will actually cover the Battle of the Gods movie and the Resurrection of Frieza movie, and only after that will they head into really new territory.

I don't know if I understand you correctly:

you mean that first several dozen of episodes tells the same story that movies does?

I don't know if I understand you correctly:

you mean that first several dozen of episodes tells the same story that movies does?

that's the rumor going around right now, yes

it will be the official canon versions of those stories, since DB movies were never really canon, it was always the tv show over everything else

spoilers ahead for DB Super episode 1

You can already see that there are going to be some differences to the movie. Beerus is already awake at the start of the tv show.

Just based on time alone, it's obviously going to be a very expanded story, with a lot more going on, and a lot more attention paid to other characters besides just Goku.

I think it would be logical to expect it to be "different" too. How different, I don't know. But don't expect them to just retell a story we've already seen.

Or at least those are the rumors going around.

The internet has been wrong before.

The bottom line on Dragon Ball Super is that it actually feels like a proper DB tv show. It's all any fan could ask for.

• Like 1