4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Contraband

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Quite a good thriller. Before I get into what is good about the film, one thing that really bothered about it is that the whole thing could have been avoided if they had called the police just once. The bad guy in this has just recently been let out of jail and he goes on to do some really really really stupid things. One call to the police and he would have been back in jail. But then there would be no movie and that becomes a moot point. It's a decent thriller with a good cast. Wahlberg is excellent and Ribisi is unrecognizable, he's so good in this. Saying he's slimey in this doesn't do his role justice. He's just don't right right gooey. He must have had a blast doing this role. The story moves quickly and there are a lot of plot pieces along the way and at the end when they all get tied up, everyone who deserves it, gets what coming to them. I enjoyed the film. It's not quite as good as i had hoped, but it is a good ride with some nice action. 7/10

Contraband2:30PMAbout 75% full. (Some teens snuck in also I noticed)Trailers:This Means War: Laughs.John Carter: Talking, looks good still.Cabin in the Woods: Looks terrible. (I hope that slutty girl dies, and she tries to kiss a wolf???)Battleship (new trailer): It actually looks a little better. Though I swear Rhianna already looks to have a terrible acting career.Safe House: Nothing, looks good.Movie: Really good. Mark does a great job. The music though was the best part, the classic rock songs was a nice touch. I don't think the script was that thin contrary to what some critics thought. The twist was pretty good (caught a bunch off guard)B+

It basically behaves like a prototype of the prototype.

That's likely nothing that you haven't seen in this film before, and it's just been done a lot better in other films.

I will say it's not awful, and I was never bored.....but this is the kind of film I'll likely forget I ever even saw in a few months.

C+/C

Haven't seen this since it came out but willing to give it a second shot. But nothing in this film is memorable, and it was quite dull. I remember tv spots made it look badass, but the film that came to theaters wasnt that. 

Grade: D