K1stpierre

The Addams Family (1991)

6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

The first movie in which I really remember falling for acting chops of Raul Julia and Christopher Lloyd. Hilarious in turns... Simply a childhood favorite. Sonnenfeld put his indelible stamp on 90s blockbuster cinema with Addams Family 1 & 2, Men In Black and, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons, Wild Wild West.

B+/A-.

Edit: I didn't see most other Christopher Lloyd and Raul Julia movies until I was older. I was pretty young when I saw this one. Recall being pretty stymied by it, Edward Scissorhands, Batman Returns, Dick Tracy, Gremlins, Raiders, Gorgo and The NeverEnding Story around the same time at very, very young age... I always voted for any of them of over Return of the Jedi when my cousins were in from out of town and my dad lined up the VHS cassettes. Which, unfortunately for me, led to some beatings. My deciding vote would go for NeverEnding Story along my sister and the other female cousins while all of the boys would vote Jedi or A New Hope. I got back at my older male cousins a few years later when I made fun of them for wetting the bed after watching Jurassic Park.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Love this movie - the casting was fantastic & Raul Julia & Angelica Houston were perfection in their roles.  Just a fun movie that I pretty much watch whenever it is on.  Still so sad that Julia died so young - he was so talented.