Grade It:  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The climax of this film is Kevin Spacey's son attempting to commit what we believe is suicide because he could not show his love for his father while he was still alive. 

When Kevin Spacey becomes a human again, he awakes with a start and screams, "MEOW THAT HURT!"

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 7

Nine Lives is really special. Who else would think to end a big family movie with the main character trying to prevent his son from committing suicide? I'm getting ahead of myself, but seriously, this starts pretty well for the first twenty minutes although it's pretty cheesy and feels like a Disney Channel movie. Although I guess the whole movie feels like a Disney Channel movie, but whatever. Then once Kevin Spacey turns into a cat, all of his commitment to the role goes away. He stops being mildly engaged and becomes just someone read his lines of the back of a cereal box. I didn't mind because it was pretty funny anyway (BTW, Monster Trucks looks amazing; really good trailer). The best parts are when they cut to cat videos and the characters act like they're literally gonna die at the hilarity. Although my biggest laugh was at Robbie Amell's name in the credits. Christopher Walken is pretty funny; I also liked the scene where Jennifer Garner screamed to the sky "MISTER FUZZYPANTS!!!" Although I had an issue with the writing a bit: when Kevin Spacey is turned into Mr. Fuzzypants, he's just all "Oh, I'm a cat. This is weird." Where is the existential dread? Why is he totally fine with being a cat? THIS IS UNUSUAL, RIGHT??? I'm not crazy I hope. Regardless, Nine Lives is pretty fun but probably not a good movie so I really don't know what else to say about it except that I laughed more at it then any comedy this summer. B-

Special note: I watched Nine Lives while drunk so my opinion on it might not necessarily be accurate. I was still intoxicated when I wrote this review.

• Like 2