cozmeesah

What do you think about the soundtrack so far?

The companion soundtrack, I mean. So far we have these two songs:Taylor Swift / The Civil Wars - "Safe & Sound"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50qA66HARQThe Secret Sisters - "Tomorrow Will Be Kinder"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGnh5Llwlk4Also on the soundtrack will be another Civil Wars song (just them), Arcade Fire, The Decemberists and Miranda Lambert among others not yet announced.I'm extremely excited over this. I'm thinking the Arcade Fire / Decemberists type of artists will be the "Capitol" music, while the bluegrass / country / folk types will be D12 & Games flavored.

I've never saw any purpose whatsoever to these albums. Adding a bunch of songs, most of which are readily available and have been for years, together is a blatant cash grab if there ever was one. And 9/10 times they bear no significance whatsoever. I could easily take ten songs from my iPod which could easily be linked to THG in a very contrived way, inevitably like most of the songs on this album.I'll be sticking with JNH's score only.

This album isn't just adding a bunch of readily available songs though. Most of them (at least the ones we've heard of so far) have been written specifically FOR this film / album, and most of them by and / or with T-Bone Burnett.Completely not the same thing as you are talking about.If, as seems to entirely be the case with this album, the songs were written and produced FOR the companion album, are of good quality, and it succeeds in garnering even more interest for the film, I see no problem with it.

Even if it is different, though I suspect that the already available songs will pour in soon enough, I still don't get it. There's no creative reason to do this album, they're just trying to cash in on the name in every way they can.

So? If it brings more awareness to the film, what could it hurt?Also, when have you ever known T-Bone Burnett to just half-ass anything? He's the Music Producer and I don't see why, as everything we've heard so far is of original songs, one would just assume that he would pour mostly random, already available songs for the rest of it.We also don't know if any of the songs will be used in the film. Maybe a couple will.

Fair enough. :lol: But again, we don't know if it will effect the film at all. There could be 1 or more of the songs in it for all we know.Besides, Taylor Swift may usually be crap, but the song she did with Civil Wars & T-Bone is gorgeous and totally non-typical Taylor Swift.

I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but I don't think her music is crap either. It's well put together music with a simplistic approach. I'll take her any day over all these other bullshit "artist" like Lady Gaga, etc.Either way, the album songs posted in the Hunger Games Thread in the main forum looks to be pretty damn solid, if for the exposure, if nothing else.

I fancy myself as an amateur musician.I wrote & recorded a song, only to discover (after reading the books) that it would be a good fit for this film.Well, that is if anyone else liked progressive metal. ;)All I have is a demo, with some pretty sub-par singing. If you're interested, here is a cheezy video I made for the song (none of the visuals are mine; they are from fan THG vids on youtube): I'm not sure how well this will play directly from the link - yo may wish to download it to your hard drive first.http://www.jeremyrace.com/videos/TMDGC.wmvEnjoy.... or at least I hope it doesn't make you puke. :P