MinaTakla

My Little Pony OS Thread

Lionsgate/Hasbro’s kids movie rode to an estimated $3.8M from 49 markets for its initial international session. Voiced by Uzo Aduba, Ashleigh Ball, Emily Blunt, Kristen Chenoweth and Taye Diggs, the flick is directed by Jayson Thiessen. As a dark force threatens Ponyville, the Mane 6 embark on a journey beyond Equestria where they meet new friends and exciting challenges on a quest to use the magic of friendship to save their home. Germany was the top debut with $676K, followed by Mexico($533K), Poland ($411K), the Middle East ($220K) and Denmark ($213K). Aimed at little girls, it’s next up in Russia, France, the UK, Australia and Italy.

My Little Pony: The Movie added $4.9m from 65 markets in its second weekend for a $10.6m. Jayson Thiessen’s film debuted in Russia on $1.2m on 1,182 screens. Norway and Finland generated $213,000 and $205,000, respectively. Germany is the top grossing market on $1.3m, followed by Russia, Poland on $1.1m, Mexico $856,000, and Brazil on $500,000. France and the UK will release the film this week. Emily Blunt, Kristin Chenoweth and Liev Schreiber lend their voices to the film.

My Little Pony: The Movie took $4.7m from 71 markets as the running total trotted to $17.2m. The family release debuted in the UK on $1.2m and stands at $1.9m in the CIS after two weekends, and $1.6m in Germany and $1.3m in Poland, both after three.

Source: Screen Daily