baumer

Daddy's Home 2 (2017)

Grade it  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The first Daddy’s Home was bad and I said it was the downfall of Will Ferrell. But the sequel was actually good. Daddy’s Home 2 improves on what the first movie didn’t do, the first film felt unfunny and somewhat mean spirited. The sequel has heart and is quite funny! Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell worked very together, and John Lithgow and Mel Gibson seemed like they were having fun together and were great! Only problem was Alessandra Ambrosio, she wasn’t bad but I mean nothing like a must need for the film. But in the end at the last half she worked. 

Overall a funny fun sequel with heart, that contains some fun performances and excellent chemistry with the dads and the grandads, and John Cena worked very well as they used the best part of the first film actually use him more this time around. And if they do a third one I’m curious to see how the Sully cameo works in place. 

While comparing past holiday/Christmas comedies this isn’t a Christmas Vacation level classic. But a strong improvement from its predecessor.Daddy’s Home 2 is a solid sequel, that I would definitely check out again and is worth checking out this holiday season!

Grade: B