YM!

Edgy Reviews by YourMother

Just now, cookie said:

:whosad:

Voltron: The Rise Of Lotor - It fucking sucks 

F-

In Case you are wonder yes the review above is a joke. Lotor is actually a damn great sequel, although they are some moments that are juvenile, the story drags a little bit and Haggar kind of sucked, the action was fantastic, the character development was stronger than expected, and it’s twice as much fun as the first with Lotor being possible the best villain the franchise had to offer, and is imo better than the first. In short. I fucking loved it. db3.jpg A-

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

tenor.gif

What about Haggar did you not like? Her part is supposed to be pretty minor and as a foil for Lotor, though I guess with all the powers she showed in the last movie I could've given her more involvement.

Thanks for the A- though. Even if it was a long and arduous thing to write the stuff I cooked up were a lot of fun to see play out.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

tenor.gif

What about Haggar did you not like? Her part is supposed to be pretty minor and as a foil for Lotor, though I guess with all the powers she showed in the last movie I could've given her more involvement.

Thanks for the A- though.

Yeah pretty much. She doesn’t really develop and she didn’t do much beside the end. Also there’s some other parts I want to talk about without diving into spoilers.

I liked it better than the first, in a very good way, the series reminds me of Guardians 1 and 2.  Whereas Guardians 1 was good and a unique take but wasn’t too extraordinary, Lotor has fun and isn’t afraid to let loose and it’s character development was very strong as is better than the first.

Also Lotor was a way better villain than the one in the predecessor.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Yeah pretty much. She doesn’t really develop and she didn’t do much beside the end. Also there’s some other parts I want to talk about without diving into spoilers.

You can PM me about it if you want.

I'm out of likes but you'll receive a

giphy.gif

July 

Ultraman - Reveling in fun and Bayhem, Ultraman is the perfect summer movie although suffering the problems of Bay’s previous exploits.  Blank%2B_16bc6e089b9e808357194c98058b495B-

Paddles: The Video Game Story: A solid documentary about video games that the gamer in me loves. Blank%2B_16bc6e089b9e808357194c98058b495

On The Moon - Although, the movie has some kinks in the machine, Docter delivers for this wonderful animated movie. db3.jpg&key=aae3de3b5f983f47de90c35dc0c3 A-

The Film - It’s kind of dull but takes a few risks and it even entertains. However due to opening on Friday the 13th, I think we could see a nice opening. 185?cb=20151103125558&key=fdc1923def6702 C-

Taking Names - A solid but standard action movie. 185?cb=20151103125558&key=fdc1923def6702 C

Mermaid - More suited as a Disney Channel movie than a feature film. However it captivated its target audience. 185?cb=20151103125558&key=fdc1923def6702 C-

The Dark Victorian - This suffers from most recent live action Burton films, having a horrible pacing, a gothic tone that unlike usual doesn’t work, and Depp usual shtick. 

D

• Like 1

August: 

War Of The Gods - When I thought Odyssey was the greatest epic this year, War Of The God’s whips it out with stunning visuals, great script, and some awesome battles. It’s $255M budget was well spent, hope it does well. db3.jpg&key=aae3de3b5f983f47de90c35dc0c3 A

56 Days Of Love - A beautifully shot and heartwarming romance movie. Although writing had some misses, I loved this. 

db3.jpg&key=aae3de3b5f983f47de90c35dc0c3A-

Pokémon: The Journey Begins - I fucking loved this movie. I have been a huge Pokémon fan since I was 7. Although sometimes it is formulaic and has typical video game structure movie structure, I loved every second of it. We better get a sequel. db3.jpg&key=aae3de3b5f983f47de90c35dc0c3  A-

Anthem - Although predictable, the animation is great and the story is good enough to be entertained and overall a solid adaptation. 185?cb=20151103125558&key=fdc1923def6702 C+

After Party - Possibly the best horror movie of the year. The scares and disturbing scenes here are very well done.db3.jpg&key=aae3de3b5f983f47de90c35dc0c3 A

My Side Of The Mountain - At times the humor doesn’t work and the script can be worked on, it’s a thorough family flick. 185?cb=20151103125558&key=fdc1923def6702  C

Race Rage - A high octane forgettable boost of fun. 185?cb=20151103125558&key=fdc1923def6702 C

The Maid - Due to a great actress and scares and suspense to boast about, The Maid is a good horror movie. Blank%2B_16bc6e089b9e808357194c98058b495

B-

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Wish 56 Days of Love for an A but now I am just being greedy. 

Actually tbh I was debated between A- and B+. I choose the latter for now but I might revisit after I do my September reviews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

August: 

War Of The Gods - When I thought Odyssey was the greatest epic this year, War Of The God’s whips it out with stunning visuals, great script, and some awesome battles. It’s $255M budget was well spent, hope it does well. db3.jpg&key=aae3de3b5f983f47de90c35dc0c3 A

tenor.gif?itemid=4268577

Spoiler

Jk :P I'm pretty excited to read it myself 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

You've been handing those dongs out like candy lately.

250px-Herbert_-_Family_Guy.png

Seriously though, there’s been a massive quality shift imo from the January to April months. The Summer has a lot of quality products I liked way more than expected.

• Like 1