baumer

Winchester (2018)

Grade it  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Just saw this, not much to really say (which.....isn’t a good thing). It’s okay, but really forgettable. All the scares in this film are jump scares (which was really annoying) and makes very little attempt outside of the scares of making the film feel scary or even uncomfortable. I found myself constantly checking my phone as the film wasn’t really that engaging. 

Overall, I’ll give it a C- as although from my review you’d think it were F worthy it wasn’t garbage. It’s decent enough I guess to pass the time if you had nothing better to do, but at the same breath don’t really feel the need to see it again.....or anytime soon rather.  4/10

This movie is ridiculous, and I loved every minute of it.  It's actually a half-decent Victorian Ghost story.  I knew we were in for some prime Mumbo Jumbo when they reveal the year is 1906.  And honestly, I kind of dug how they weaved historical fact with said Mumbo Jumbo.  Mirren is a campy pleasure, the characters are surprisingly semi-interesting, it definitely has a POV (GUNS. ARE. BAD!!!), no women are gratuitously victimized, and those are some great costumes and sets for 3.5 million dollars.  Not a terrible way to pass an hour and a half. (B)  

• Like 1