Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

For the cameos in Spark 2, I put them in spoiler tags with the cast listing. I may edit it to also show the cast in the main cameo description.

2park Spoilers:

Namely Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig as Aera’s parents.

Family Guy is basically going to be a buddy comedy between Peter and Meg. 

I have an idea for one plot point but I don’t know the rules about appearances from other films. I want to have a few characters from The Simpsons and Futurama but by no means do I want the rights.

I feel like cameo appearances are fine if they're not on screen for that long. You could say the studio made a deal with the rightsholders or something.

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Metroid_Logo_2.png

Based on: Metroid II: The Return of Samus (1991), Super Metroid (1994), Metroid Prime (2002), Metroid: Other M (2010) and Metroid: Samus Returns (2017) by Nintendo

So based on half of the franchise at once

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

So based on half of the franchise at once

It's really a whole bunch of elements from the games welded together.

Opening act is a cross between the opening to Prime and the ending of Matroid II (and Samus Returns to that extent since it is a remake of II)

Middle act is bringing together characters and subplots from Other M but reworked entirely since Other M's story sucks

Last act is Super Metroid

Among other things Malkovich is a bad guy this time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cookie said:

It's really a whole bunch of elements from the games welded together.

Hide contents

Opening act is a cross between the opening to Prime and the ending of Matroid II (and Samus Returns to that extent since it is a remake of II)

Middle act is bringing together characters and subplots from Other M but reworked entirely since Other M's story sucks

Last act is Super Metroid

Hide contents
Among other things Malkovich is a bad guy this time.

Yeah I have never played a Metroid game so that's all babble to me :lol:

21 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Yeah I have never played a Metroid game so that's all babble to me :lol:

My movie should serve as an introductory crash course into the Metroid lore then.

Edited by cookie

1 hour ago, Hiccup23 said:

Metroid Vs. Dark Side

O53Oa.gif

FYI don't type gay bdsm whip gif into the search engine.....trauma may occur. 

A hard-R gay drama series with poor reviews that's never crossed $50m in domestic gross versus a $160 million sci-fi blockbuster based on a popular video game franchise. 1b3874ae216e3f8d1afa08cb4b9e8309.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cookie said:

A hard-R gay drama series with poor reviews that's never crossed $50m in domestic gross versus a $160 million sci-fi blockbuster based on a popular video game franchise. 1b3874ae216e3f8d1afa08cb4b9e8309.png

I am joking obviously lol

Ugh, I am nervous about Bartimaeus. I think I am getting in my head and gonna sabotage myself with the film in the end. I really need this series to workout since it will be a major blockbuster franchise for my studio. If it doesn't deliver then I am basically shut out of the blockbuster competition. 

I am less nervous about Earth Defense Force since that is already relying heavily on overseas markets (who is primarily targeted to) and is light hearted. I think it will be a GA pleasure even if it gets hit by critics harshly. 

• Like 1

Full disclosure, Alpha Flight is edited weirdly. I put a lot of dialouge and important plot points inside spoiler boxes. I might fix it because I kind of don’t like it but I thought it’d work well.

13 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Full disclosure, Alpha Flight is edited weirdly. I put a lot of dialouge and important plot points inside spoiler boxes. I might fix it because I kind of don’t like it but I thought it’d work well.

Maybe don't put it in spoiler boxes. Just makes it a bit more tedious to read.

• Like 3