baumer

Death Wish (2018)

Grade it  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Grade: A-

Got to see this today and I really enjoyed it. I can't say that I've ever seen any of the originals all the way through. I must've come across them a few times on USA Network back in the 90s but never saw a beginning or end that I can recall.

I feel it was one of the more lively, engaged in the process acting efforts that Willis has given in a few years. 

Without a solid comparison or contrast to draw on from the originals I'll say it felt a bit like Taken with a hint of Equalizer in this incarnation. A few shots at pro-gun advocates was made but it was fairly tame and didn't distract from the film. I think the originals were in NYC but the setting here is Chicago because it is the new murder capital of America.

Film is set up for a sequel. If it doesn't follow up on it, no loss.

• Like 1

I echo @Captain Craig.  Reslly enjoyed it, in fact, it's my favourite film of 2018 so far.  It had some really interesting things to say but most importantly, you had good guys killing bad guys and that's always fun.  The garage scene was beautifully done by Roth. And Elizabeth Shue is hotter now than she was 30 years ago.

9/10 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2018 at 5:55 PM, Captain Craig said:

Ah, the fly by 'F' vote must be by an IMDB user whose joined up here. An 'F' vote that can't take 5min to explain what they found so deserving of the grade should be deleted. 

ok I finally saw it.  removed my dreaded F vote and changed it to the more passable D grade.

• Like 1