I wanted to make an appreciation thread fro the Skins series because I believe that a lot of people especially from America do not know the show and are missing on what an incredible teen drama it was.

For me Skins, is undeniably the most well-written teen tv series I have ever watched. It finds an incredible balannce between creating realistic teen characters but also giving them an extra glamour for the viewers to aspire to.

I think that most people, myself included, probably didn't see themselves watching the series in the sense that our adolesence wasn't like going out on clubs every night, having drugs and alcohol on a daily basis or having such confusing love lifes. At the same time though those were all things that a teen wants to have so it gave us something almost to live up to. A great company, non-stop misbehaviour and exciting adventures. I never wanted to watch my life on TV. I already knew there was misery in it. I wanted something to dream of, something to hope for as a future change.

And despite Skins being full of misbehaviour it is also incredibly thought-provoking. The characters are amazingly well-written and the development they have is actually even better. For me Skins stepped up the game for all the teen drama series. The writting is so clever that you can't help but get stuck with the characters.

What about the actors? Well it is probably one of the very few teen series I have watched were the leads looked really like teens and that says it all for me. Not the same 25 year old glamourous people pretending like they are the type of teens that are nonexistent.

In more seriousness, a big part of the cast crew have went on to become big names including the oscar darlings David Kaluuya and Dev Patel. Other established names include Tom Hoult,Kaya Scodelario, Hannah Murray, Jack O' Connel and Luke Pasqualino.

As an adult now, I feel huge nostalgia up to this day when I rewatch the series. Even the theme song makes my eyes teary. I don't know If it is so much about missing the years of watching the show or because I am realising more and more how much I never kind of had the life I dreamed while watching Skins.

b13160823df034601f2b7193e389e386.jpg

Me being a fanboy doesn't mean that I can't take criticism. I would be open to hear anyone's thoughts as I know that the series were quite controversial on many aspects.

• Thanks 1

Skins, Mistfits and FNL - this are the first (and main) tv shows of my university's youth. 

First generation is my favorite. Nothing new.

On 06.05.2018 at 4:34 PM, FantasticBeasts said:

In more seriousness, a big part of the cast crew have went on to become big names including the oscar darlings David Kaluuya and Dev Patel. Other established names include Tom Hoult,Kaya Scodelario, Hannah Murray, Jack O' Connel and Luke Pasqualino.

And they are still friends

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1