setna

Box office pure data, for real lovers of numbers!!!

Hello, i´ve created this topic to collect different statistics about box office. This should be a place where you are welcomed to compilate or elaborate different ranknings, yearly, daily, domestic, international, worldwide, daily records, weekly, monthly, biggest drops, all that you can imagine!!!

• Like 1

I want to start offering a compiilation i did, domestic most days with 1 million plus, consecutive and total.

Domestic consecutive 1 million + at the box office

1. Titanic                                                                101 days

2. E.T. / Avatar                                                         80 days

3. The Phantom Menace                                         61 days

4. Finding Nemo                                                      59 days

5. Back to the future / Ghost / Jurassic Park             54 days

6. The Hangover / The Avengers / Black Panther       52 days

7. The Passion of the christ      48 days

8. The sixth sense / The blind side / Infinity war /The force awakens / Jurassic world  45 days

BOM doesn´t show the dailies grosses of Lion King and Forrest Gump, i think very probably both will be in this list with at least 45 days +

• Like 5

...and total domestic +1 million days

1. E.T.                                                                         123 days

2. Titanic                                                                    119 days

3. Avatar                                                                     86 days

4. Ghost                                                                      77 days

5. Back to the future                                                72 days

6. Frozen                                                                    70 days

7. Jurassic Park                                                        67 days

8. The phantom menace                                         66 days

9. Finding Nemo                                                      63 days

10. The sixth sense / Black Panther                       62 days

11. My big fat greek wedding                                   60 days

I added 11 positions cause i considered really great to see in this list such a movie like MBFGW!!!

i also think Forrest Gump and Lion King very probably had more than 60 days with 1 million plus but Bom doesn´t offer this info.

• Like 3

If you look for charts not to get at BOM, only an example, scroll till the end of that overview/summary/however it is called, inlc. biggest 100th weekend

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-records/domestic/all-movies/weekend/

there a lots of those kind of charts there for details I've not seen elsewhere. Some are a bit tricky to find. I can often help with that (ping or PM)

They are also open for suggestions what kind of chart might be interesting for others or other suggestions to improve.

For older details or certain foreign information are non-US websites often more informative.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, terrestrial said:

If you look for charts not to get at BOM, only an example, scroll till the end of that overview/summary/however it is called, inlc. biggest 100th weekend

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-records/domestic/all-movies/weekend/

there a lots of those kind of charts there for details I've not seen elsewhere. Some are a bit tricky to find. I can often help with that (ping or PM)

They are also open for suggestions what kind of chart might be interesting for others or other suggestions to improve.

For older details or certain foreign information are non-US websites often more informative.

Hi Terrestrial, thanks for your nice post, it´s a pleasure to see members of this forum are starting to be interested in this topic.

For sure i know The Numbers and it has a lot of charts, but i miss some and for this i´ve created this topic, for people like me who are very interested in this kind of freaky records we can share it here.

Can you tell me some of these websites you mention about old and foreign data?

I know The Numbers, Insidekino, BoxooficePro, BOM, of course and Taquilla, a spanish website.

Thanks a lot and welcome here!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, setna said:

Hi Terrestrial, thanks for your nice post, it´s a pleasure to see members of this forum are starting to be interested in this topic.

For sure i know The Numbers and it has a lot of charts, but i miss some and for this i´ve created this topic, for people like me who are very interested in this kind of freaky records we can share it here.

Can you tell me some of these websites you mention about old and foreign data?

I know The Numbers, Insidekino, BoxooficePro, BOM, of course and Taquilla, a spanish website.

Thanks a lot and welcome here!!!

Insidekino has a lot of old data I did not see elsewhere, incl foreign to Germany countries

E.g. the 13 top tiltes of Finland.... till 2006

No idea why they stoped there, but newer numbers are usually more simple to get than older ones, so...

http://insidekino.de/DJahr/FINAlltime10.htm

I am not at home for the next few days, so I cant look up the exact names (I use favourites in an BO folder at home), but in the threads for Italy, France, Russia you can either see the links, or ask for them. As well as South Korea, there is a website that is often a bit behind for daylies, but great to jump to older charts.

PM me if you need those (as its possible you collect them per the International sub-forum?), I try to remember at home (but have there a bit of technical problems, as we got s ome months back a new Internet connection box, since then lots of 'no connections..')

• Like 1

21 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Insidekino has a lot of old data I did not see elsewhere, incl foreign to Germany countries

E.g. the 13 top tiltes of Finland.... till 2006

No idea why they stoped there, but newer numbers are usually more simple to get than older ones, so...

http://insidekino.de/DJahr/FINAlltime10.htm

I am not at home for the next few days, so I cant look up the exact names (I use favourites in an BO folder at home), but in the threads for Italy, France, Russia you can either see the links, or ask for them. As well as South Korea, there is a website that is often a bit behind for daylies, but great to jump to older charts.

PM me if you need those (as its possible you collect them per the International sub-forum?), I try to remember at home (but have there a bit of technical problems, as we got s ome months back a new Internet connection box, since then lots of 'no connections..')

ok, we keep in touch and continue exchanging good infos.

Thanks and good luck in the search of the good connection!

30 minutes ago, setna said:

good luck in the search of the good connection!

thx, we need to exchange all cables in the walls and add new wall connectors, the old system does not match to the new system. But first I'll have to finish a bigger rebuild on ground floor then the bath is next in line. Problems might continue for a very very very long time.

Best would be to grab the computer and bring it somewhere with a good connection. I wont do a full merge of browser favourites for other reasons.

• Like 1

Movies who reached a milestone the latest in the domestic daily box office (only wide releases)

Million dollar                      Movie                                                         Box office that day                                            Day of its run

+100                              The force awakens                                                119.119.282                                                         1

+75                                Avengers infinity war                                              82.131.618                                                         2

+50                                The force awakens                                                  56.731.532                                                         9

+40                                The force awakens                                                  43.149.665                                                         10

+35                                The force awakens                                                  43.149.665                                                         10

+30                                The force awakens                                                 34.386.250                                                          16

+25                                The force awakens                                                 34.386.250                                                          16

+20                                The force awakens                                                 21.479.271                                                          17

+15                                The force awakens                                                 19.204.072                                                          23

+12                                Titanic                                                                   13.048.711                                                           58

+10                                Titanic                                                                   13.048.711                                                           58

+8                                  Titanic                                                                    8.003.861                                                            93

+7                                  Titanic                                                                    7.329.557                                                           100

+6                                  Titanic                                                                    7.329.557                                                           100

+5                                  Titanic                                                                    5.775.210                                                           107

+4                                  Titanic                                                                   5.775.210                                                            107

+3                                  Titanic                                                                    3.495.646                                                           121

+2                                  Titanic                                                                    2.090.154                                                           135

+1.5                               E.T.                                                                         1.547.565                                                           205

+1                                 E.T.                                                                          1.168.075                                                           212

+0.5                               E.T.                                                                             545.862                                                          352

+0.1                              E.T.                                                                            104.068                                                            364

Edited by setna