Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Why should they diminish from themselves? if it what happens in reality then there is no need to shy away from that. If you are good at something the you don't need to hide it.

Can you imagine if everyone were ashamed about its abilities? No champions, no real talents...Talent must be blessed, not hated, jealousy doesn't lead anywhere.

• Like 1

Brazil GDP Probably Shrank Most in 5 Years as Vote Nears

Brazil’s economy slipped into recession in the first half of the year, after contracting more than expected in the the second quarter.

Gross domestic product shrank by 0.6 percent in the April-June period from the previous three months, after contracting a revised 0.2 percent in the first quarter, the national statistic agency said today in Rio de Janeiro. The contraction in the second quarter was bigger than the median estimate of 42 economists surveyed by Bloomberg, who expected a 0.4 percent drop.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-08-28/brazil-gdp-probably-shrank-most-in-5-years-as-vote-nears

I knew it was not great but a recession? It's worse than I thought -_-<_<

No wonder the BO is too slow :unsure:

Posted Image

Movies gross in Latin America as a single market (NEW ELEMENTS)

The Chronicles of Narnia 1 (The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe)
Latin America : 38.2m
Brazil : 8.3m
Brazil's share : 21.7%

The Chronicles of Narnia 2 (Prince Caspian)
Latin America : 43m
Brazil : 7.5m
Brazil's share : 17.4%

The Chronicles of Narnia 3 (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)
Latin America : 49.8m
Brazil : 15.2m
Brazil's share : 30.5%

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

Movies gross in Latin America as a single market (NEW ELEMENTS)

Gravity
Latin America : 40.1m
Brazil : 8.8m
Brazil's share : 22%

Transformers 2
Latin America : 45.5m
Brazil : 9.6m
Brazil's share : 21%

Transformers
Latin America : 37.8m
Brazil : 7.8m
Brazil's share : 20.6%

• Like 4

Humble and respectful yes, but they have the right to talk about their accomplishments and show some pride, if other people are jealous, as I said earlier, it's not really Disney which is at fault here...

:rock:

Jealous?? With that word you just proves that you are defending them because of their work. 

:rock:

Jealous?? With that word you just proves that you are defending them because of their work. 

Maybe because the only thing that interests me is their work? ^^

I don't care about their personality, as long as they please me with great movies I have no reason to complain :)

I have a question, did you watch Ghibli movies? Particularly from Miyazaki?

WHAT???? Is it a joke??????? You never saw their inteviews? You never saw the way they act? You never saw how their actors and singer talk about them? Sorry, but I refuse to hear it. 

I never heard of it, that just means people don't care because apparently it's no big deal. If they had said something shocking media would talk about it.

People can boast as long as they're doing things right, why would you care?

Maybe because the only thing that interests me is their work? ^^

I don't care about their personality, as long as they please me with great movies I have no reason to complain :)

I have a question, did you watch Ghibli movies? Particularly from Miyazaki?

But I'm NOT talking about their work. I'm talking about the way they are. 

I just watched Spirited Away.

But I'm NOT talking about their work. I'm talking about the way they are. 

I just watched Spirited Away.

Yes I know, I just don't understand why you don't like them to boast about their work? Why do you care? Why is that important? If that's the truth it should be fine right? It's not like they lie..Of course I also like people who are calm, moderate, humble but I can't ask everybody to have a wisdom, we're all different and I can understand the need to boast, to show one's pride.

I talk about Miyazaki because a lot of people like him despite he's apparently a very irritating man, very perfectionist. His work is more important and is worth it so people don't complain ^^

I never heard of it, that just means people don't care because apparently it's no big deal. If they had said something shocking media would talk about it.

People can boast as long as they're doing things right, why would you care?

The point was to say that they aren't nice people right? To understand that a company doesn't have the best people to rule but have good works is so hard? It will change something? No. It won't. 

The point was to say that they aren't nice people right? To understand that a company doesn't have the best people to rule but have good works is so hard? It will change something? No. It won't. 

Disney is a multi billion dollars enterprise with thousands of employees worldwide.  

So who are those people representing Disney who are not nice? What are their name and what specific quote or behabviour endorsed by the company have they done recurrently that falls into the not nice person character that you transfer to the whole company like it's the official company culture ? 

Also, what makes Disney not nice compared to other companies of the same industry ?

Finally, corporations by essence don't make business by being nice.  Those are  businesses not philanthropistic entities or social services.  People who run successful businesses are tough, even when they appear being nice in public.  That's part of the drive, of the ambition and of the agressivity you need to succeed in a business where they are numerous competitors and few places to win.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

Yes I know, I just don't understand why you don't like them to boast about their work? Why do you care? Why is that important? If that's the truth it should be fine right? It's not like they lie..Of course I also like people who are calm, moderate, humble but I can't ask everybody to have a wisdom, we're all different and I can understand the need to boast, to show one's pride.

I talk about Miyazaki because a lot of people like him despite he's apparently a very irritating man, very perfectionist. His work is more important and is worth it so people don't complain ^^

I'll start by answering the second question. The first is the same as the fourth.

2. Already answered that in my last post. 3. This is importante to not let the fame go into your head. 1 and 4: I believe people can be a lot more nicer even if that's the trufh. Also, don't feel the NEED to boast to others, do it for yourself.

Japanese tend to be irritating. But I think you're not getting what I'm saying. I'm not telling you to hate Disney, just trying to say that they aren't nice. I love HTTYD, but I know that Jeffrey isn't a great person. With Disney is not different. Just like Miyazaki, everyone love his works, but wouldn't stand a day with him.

• Like 1

I'll start by answering the second question. The first is the same as the fourth.

2. Already answered that in my last post. 3. This is importante to not let the fame go into your head. 1 and 4: I believe people can be a lot more nicer even if that's the trufh. Also, don't feel the NEED to boast to others, do it for yourself.

Japanese tend to be irritating. But I think you're not getting what I'm saying. I'm not telling you to hate Disney, just trying to say that they aren't nice. I love HTTYD, but I know that Jeffrey isn't a great person. With Disney is not different. Just like Miyazaki, everyone love his works, but wouldn't stand a day with him.

I'm fine with that post ;):D

In Brazil Lucy debuted with $2.4M at 348 dates and 24% market share.

That's quite good given its screen count and it's a new franchise. Still, I expected more. Let's hope for a total reaching $10m :)

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1