Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

I was exaggerating, it's not the worst movie I watched this year. But it's one of the worst idyABqb.gif

I really like the first movie, though idyABqb.gif

What? What happened then? I mean, what changed in The Avengers 2 that you hated? I thought TA1 was a good movie, but not more than that, but I loved the second movie because it was much more ambitious in terms of fights while Ultron was a much more threatening villain than Loki :/ At least I see it that way!

Anyway, I'm tired of Pixar and WDAS movies not being huge in Brazil, you need to change that guys! Why would Ice Age, Despicable Me and Shrek be so big there and not The Good Dinosaur or Big Hero 6?

I do everything that I can, I watched IO four times, said to everyone how amazing it was, what more can I do? idyABqb.gif

• Like 1

I do everything that I can, I watched IO four times, said to everyone how amazing it was, what more can I do? idyABqb.gif

Well, I guess you can't do much more than that...Inside Out is a special case given the strong competition from Minions, people just wanted to watch this one...But it seems to me there is a problem with these movies in Brazil : bad marketing strategy or maybe these movies are too subtle and mature compare to Shrek/Ice Age/Despicable Me with their less subtle humor?

What? What happened then? I mean, what changed in The Avengers 2 that you hated? I thought TA1 was a good movie, but not more than that, but I loved the second movie because it was much more ambitious in terms of fights while Ultron was a much more threatening villain than Loki :/ At least I see it that way!

I don't know, Marvel movies are becoming boring. With every movie following the same script formula, they're becoming too predictable. Also, even though they have huge budgets, the production is so rushed it looks kinda cheap. Just to give you an example, in that final fight the Avengers are 'killing' those robots and their peaces are falling over their heads and some of them would be seriously injured, like Black Widow and Hawkeye, but they keep going perfectly fine like the peaces were made of paper. It's also widely known that the movie has editing problems, with very confusing scenes like that one with Thor in the 'pool'. I understand why many people prefer this over the first movie, Ultron is a more exciting villain, but the movie is just not really well made.

Edited by Napoleon Solo

I don't know, Marvel movies are becoming boring. With every movie following the same script formula, they're becoming too predictable. Also, even though they have huge budgets, the production is so rushed it looks kinda cheap. Just to give you an example, in that final fight the Avengers are 'killing' those robots and their peaces are falling over their heads and some of them would be seriously injured, like Black Widow and Hawkeye, but they keep going perfectly fine like the peaces were made of paper. It's also widely known that the movie has editing problems, with very confusing scenes like that one with Thor in the 'pool'. I understand why many people prefer this over the first movie, Ultron is a more exciting villain, but the movie is just not really well made.

24y70gx.gif

Well, I guess you can't do much more than that...Inside Out is a special case given the strong competition from Minions, people just wanted to watch this one...But it seems to me there is a problem with these movies in Brazil : bad marketing strategy or maybe these movies are too subtle and mature compare to Shrek/Ice Age/Despicable Me with their less subtle humor?

n5swnt.gif

Disney started a deal with a big broadcast network in Brazil this month for a daily 2-hour block of Disney movies and tv shows to give more exposure to its products, and they will probably use it to promote their movies too. I think it can help increase the popularity os its animated movies here.  ^_^

• Like 1

Disney started a deal with a big broadcast network in Brazil this month for a daily 2-hour block of Disney movies and tv shows to give more exposure to its products, and they will probably use it to promote their movies too. I think it can help increase the popularity os its animated movies here. ^_^

Globo?

Well, they're pretty much predictable that's certain, Captain America 3 could surprise though :) I can understand your point of view that seems pretty worthy to be accepted. The scene with Thor in the pool was too weird, I never understood it and seemed completely off!

Disney started a deal with a big broadcast network in Brazil this month for a daily 2-hour block of Disney movies and tv shows to give more exposure to its products, and they will probably use it to promote their movies too. I think it can help increase the popularity os its animated movies here.  ^_^

That's quite a good thing, Disney needs to do more in Brazil, there is a lot of potential there for them given Brazilians seem very open to US products. They also could try to have more people visiting DisneyWorld in Florida given it's pretty close to Brazil, they don't have to open one in Brazil.

By the way, don't you have Disney Channel in Brazil? They have it in Argentina, even in Russia :ph34r: