Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Just watched the original version of Evil Dead... It was so good as I remembered, but I still prefer the remake, it was so intense, cruel, violent, while the original movie has too much humor and a lot of plot holes, IMO. Both are amazing horror movies, but I really hope that the 2013 version will be a future classic  like the original movie, because it deserves 

9 hours ago, Chewy said:

Brutal if this does drop. Thought people were going super overboard with the "finale effect" stuff but I expected at least a small increase

Hype just doesn't seem to be there, for this or Bond

9 hours ago, CJohn said:

There seems to be 0 hype for both. 

9 hours ago, theultimatebiu said:

I agree with the lack of hype. There honestly seems to be zero hype. I can see a muted OW. $120-$130M OW.

7 hours ago, Orestes said:

Is there hype for anything that's not Star Wars right now?

I have read that on the MJ2 thread, apparently there is a lack of hype so I'm not sure tracking is wrong...I expected a lot of hype for this to be honest but it's possible a lot of people could have be turned off by MJ1...

17 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I have read that on the MJ2 thread, apparently there is a lack of hype so I'm not sure tracking is wrong...I expected a lot of hype for this to be honest but it's possible a lot of people could have be turned off by MJ1...

I think many were turned off by part 1.  Part 1, I thought, was still a good movie, but definitely an "acquired taste" type of movie.  That's why many didn't like it.  I still don't think the tracking is right though.  I still don't see it making less than part 1.  Like I said before, I am just going to step back for a while and see what happens.  It makes what it makes.  It's probably going to be a great movie though.  Already heard positive things about it from early screenings.  There is another one this weekend, too.

3 hours ago, Audrey said:

I think many were turned off by part 1.  Part 1, I thought, was still a good movie, but definitely an "acquired taste" type of movie.  That's why many didn't like it.  I still don't think the tracking is right though.  I still don't see it making less than part 1.  Like I said before, I am just going to step back for a while and see what happens.  It makes what it makes.  It's probably going to be a great movie though.  Already heard positive things about it from early screenings.  There is another one this weekend, too.

Thanks God we're fans of quality and not of numbers 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Thanks God we're fans of quality and not of numbers 

Exactly.  Do I still care about the box office?  Yes.  But I care more about how good the movie is.  I think part 2 will blow it out honestly.

59 minutes ago, Audrey said:

Exactly.  Do I still care about the box office?  Yes.  But I care more about how good the movie is.  I think part 2 will blow it out honestly.

I stopped going to that topic, at least until the release of the movie, there are so many negativism there, that it would impact on my opinion about the movie, now, I'm more hyped than never, my body is ready for the movie of century

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I stopped going to that topic, at least until the release of the movie, there are so many negativism there, that it would impact on my opinion about the movie, now, I'm more hyped than never, my body is ready for the movie of century idyABqb.gif

Sadly it's like that on many threads :( And most of the time it's not justified!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Lol. But really, do we need this kind of discussion?

No but I like it, mocking Raphael is a guilty pleasure :P However that will be much better next week thanks to Spectre, MJ2 will definitely be interesting as well :)

Catching Fire is currently at #1 on Trending Topics, because it is being showed for the first time on the cable TV, IDK about other countries, but here, the buzz is real and big :excited: Oh, and it's also at #1 on TTs WW, the power of Brazilian fans...... B) 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Catching Fire is currently at #1 on Trending Topics, because it is being showed for the first time on the cable TV, IDK about other countries, but here, the buzz is real and big :excited: Oh, and it's also at #1 on TTs WW, the power of Brazilian fans...... B) 

That's great!  Well even if it doesn't do as good in the USA, I think it will still do really good outside despite the exchange rate issue.  The buzz should start building in the US within the next week or two.

• Like 1

Interesting : The exchange rates don't move, around R$3.86, but will it be able to hold still? According to the last numbers the country lost 1.2 million jobs between September 2014 and September 2015 and the real wages are down 4.3%. The GDP is now expected to decrease by 1.2% next year.