Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

I have taken a lot of his pictures but I don't think taking his vdo would be a good idea as it'd make me miss him even more.. :ph34r:

It's strange that I love my dog though, I don't even like dogs before I got him. :lol:

I understand.

I just think a video can be a way to be eternal in some way, memories can be something fleeting over the time.

About your dog it's not strange : animals are wonderful friends and when you spent time with them you just can't help loving them, that just shows you're human and you have a heart.:)

• Like 1

iNT9V9ZepDyk.jpg

Brazil Presidential Poll Shows Challenger Widening Lead

Opposition candidate Aecio Neves has a clear lead over Brazil President Dilma Rousseff, according to a survey of voter support for the second round of voting.

Neves would have 52.4 percent of votes in the Oct. 26 runoff, compared to 36.7 percent for Rousseff, according to a poll published today on the website of IstoE magazine. The survey of 2,000 people in 24 municipalities Oct. 7-10 has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-11/brazil-presidential-poll-shows-challenger-widening-lead.html

Absolutely wonderful, Brazilians want change after Dilma's failure, they want a reformer to help Brazil grow again, they want prosperity back.

Aécio could help Brazil the same way Enrique Pena Nieto is helping Mexico. Good luck Aécio :)

• Like 1

iNT9V9ZepDyk.jpg

Brazil Presidential Poll Shows Challenger Widening Lead

Opposition candidate Aecio Neves has a clear lead over Brazil President Dilma Rousseff, according to a survey of voter support for the second round of voting.

Neves would have 52.4 percent of votes in the Oct. 26 runoff, compared to 36.7 percent for Rousseff, according to a poll published today on the website of IstoE magazine. The survey of 2,000 people in 24 municipalities Oct. 7-10 has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-11/brazil-presidential-poll-shows-challenger-widening-lead.html

Absolutely wonderful, Brazilians want change after Dilma's failure, they want a reformer to help Brazil grow again, they want prosperity back.

Aécio could help Brazil the same way Enrique Pena Nieto is helping Mexico. Good luck Aécio :)

Good luck for us who live here.

Edited by MazeRunner23
  • Like 1

Good luck for us who live here.

You have nothing to fear, seriously stop believing everything you hear in Dilma's propaganda, politicians who want to keep power always use fear and lies to maintain themselves into power.

Brazil needs reform, more investments, less corruption and less bureaucracy..And Dilma won't do that because she thinks everything's fine and it's not her fault, she even can't see where the problem lies...

Edited by Fullbuster

You have nothing to fear, seriously stop believing everything you hear in Dilma's propaganda, politicians who want to keep power always use fear and lies to maintain themselves into power.

Brazil needs reform, more investments, less corruption and less bureaucracy..And Dilma won't do that because she thinks everything's fine and it's not her fault, she even can't see where the problem lies...

I have fear of both, but I think Dilma is the better option. Dilma's party is corrupt. Aécio is the corrupt (so, the party also is). I don't know if you read some news but Aécio is a bad candidate and he likes hide his fails (the same you say Dilma do) how he did in Minas Gerais .

• Like 1

I have fear of both, but I think Dilma is the better option. Dilma's party is corrupt. Aécio is the corrupt (so, the party also is). I don't know if you read some news but Aécio is a bad candidate and he likes hide his fails (the same you say Dilma do) how he did in Minas Gerais .

That doesn't change the fact the guy left his state with an approval reaching 92%, it was a while ago so the young voters don't remember that, and he reformed too.

I don't say Aécio is a great candidate who can revolutionize Brazil but he proved he is a reformer, someone who can bring change...Dilma just wants the status quo, she doesn't question herself and don't want to change anything. Do you think it's good for Brazil to be in a recession with a growth rate near zero, a fall in investments and a slowing rate of job growth?

It's what democracy is for : to bring change when something goes wrong, you have the opportunity to vote to change things, don't waste it.

I have nothing against Dilma and if she wins I won't mind, she's not Kirchner or Maduro anyway, but the economic situation in Brazil is pretty worrying, such a country should be much more dynamic than that.

But it's not like I can lecture Brazilian voters given our voters in France are absolutely not better..

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

That doesn't change the fact the guy left his state with an approval reaching 92%, it was a while ago so the young voters don't remember that, and he reformed too.

I don't say Aécio is a great candidate who can revolutionize Brazil but he proved he is a reformer, someone who can bring change...Dilma just wants the status quo, she doesn't question herself and don't want to change anything. Do you think it's good for Brazil to be in a recession with a growth rate near zero, a fall in investments and a slowing rate of job growth?

It's what democracy is for : to bring change when something goes wrong, you have the opportunity to vote to change things, don't waste it.

I have nothing against Dilma and if she wins I won't mind, she's not Kirchner or Maduro anyway, but the economic situation in Brazil is pretty worrying, such a country should be much more dynamic than that.

But it's not like I can lecture Brazilian voters given our voters in France are absolutely not better..

Aham, is wait and see how they will work.

• Like 1

Nobody is afraid of Dilma's propaganda. I think no one even watches it. The problem is: everybody remembers how it was like when Aécio's party ruled 12 years ago. 12% inflation, 14% unemployed...

• Like 1

Nobody is afraid of Dilma's propaganda. I think no one even watches it. The problem is: everybody remembers how it was like when Aécio's party ruled 12 years ago. 12% inflation, 14% unemployed...

And 92% of approval, people liked what he did.

_78168486_78168480.jpg

Brazil election: Silva backs Neves in blow for Dilma

The Brazilian environmentalist Marina Silva, who came third in Sunday's presidential election, has backed opposition centrist candidate Aecio Neves in the second round.

Mr Neves won 33.5% of the votes in the first round to 41.5% for President Dilma Rousseff, who is running for a second four-year term.

Ms Silva failed to qualify for the 26 October run-off, with 21%.

She cited Mr Neves's "commitments" as the reason for supporting him.

On Saturday, he announced in an open letter to the nation that he would incorporate into his manifesto issues such as land reform, the demarcation of indigenous lands and environmental concerns.

Those are issues Ms Silva has campaigned for during all her political life.

"I prefer to be criticised for my actions while fighting for what I believe in and for what is best for Brazil," she said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-29590608

Neves is on a winning streak B) B) B) B)

Edited by Fullbuster

And 92% of approval, people liked what he did.

How many times I'm gonna have to say I am from his state? This 92% approval means nothing when you don't let the press say anything bad about you. I could go on and on on how he told Estadão to fire a journalist who dared to publish an article about corruption in his government or how he didn't let anything get investigated during it (70 parliamentary inquiry got shut down because he wanted to. Only 3 went through after his "review").

It's easy to be so popular when you alienate the citizens. 

Besides, a governor in Brazil doesn't have as much independence as a governor in the US. His approval was mainly because of Lula's government.

Edited by Wally
  • Like 1

That's a down right lie. She already said she will change her economic group. 

That's a down right lie. She already said she will change her economic group. 

Nope, she already said it's just conjonctural, temporary, the economy will be fine you just need to be patient.

She also said Brazil needs a strong US economy to revive but the US economy is pretty strong right now.

She just wants to wait..You can change your economic team but if you disagree with them you won't listen to them...She needs to change her economic model of thought.

And an article is pretty clear on that :

Rousseff's election strategy digs deeper hole for Brazil economy

(Reuters) - President Dilma Rousseff's strategy of slamming bankers and playing up class divisions may give her the edge in this month's election but it further strains relations with business leaders just as Brazil's stagnant economy badly needs fresh investment.

The leftist incumbent, who led the first round of voting on Sunday and now faces market favorite Aecio Neves in an Oct. 26 runoff, is using heavy government spending and some tough rhetoric to shore up her support among Brazil's poor.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/07/us-brazil-election-rousseff-analysis-idUSKCN0HW1SL20141007

It's really the kind of rhetoric you can hear in Argentina and Venezuela, and look how bad they are now. It's populist and proof of economic ignorance.

• Like 2

Nope, she already said it's just conjonctural, temporary, the economy will be fine you just need to be patient.

She also said Brazil needs a strong US economy to revive but the US economy is pretty strong right now.

She just wants to wait..You can change your economic team but if you disagree with them you won't listen to them...She needs to change her economic model of thought.

And an article is pretty clear on that :

Rousseff's election strategy digs deeper hole for Brazil economy

(Reuters) - President Dilma Rousseff's strategy of slamming bankers and playing up class divisions may give her the edge in this month's election but it further strains relations with business leaders just as Brazil's stagnant economy badly needs fresh investment.

The leftist incumbent, who led the first round of voting on Sunday and now faces market favorite Aecio Neves in an Oct. 26 runoff, is using heavy government spending and some tough rhetoric to shore up her support among Brazil's poor.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/07/us-brazil-election-rousseff-analysis-idUSKCN0HW1SL20141007

It's really the kind of rhetoric you can hear in Argentina and Venezuela, and look how bad they are now. It's populist and proof of economic ignorance.

Did not know that. Just had read that she was going to change her group. 

Now I'm worried.

• Like 1

Did not know that. Just had read that she was going to change her group. 

Now I'm worried.

Well, I'm not here to change your mind or else, I just try to give economic facts.

It's pretty dangerous to listen to political people because they lie and they're not punished for doing that, so read economic websites and news on specialized sites such as The Financial Times, Bloomberg or The Wall Street Journal and you won't be misled by politicians anymore.Just a piece of advice,personally this is the way I do things, I stopped listening politicians long ago.

How many times I'm gonna have to say I am from his state? This 92% approval means nothing when you don't let the press say anything bad about you. I could go on and on on how he told Estadão to fire a journalist who dared to publish an article about corruption in his government or how he didn't let anything get investigated during it (70 parliamentary inquiry got shut down because he wanted to. Only 3 went through after his "review").

It's easy to be so popular when you alienate the citizens. 

Besides, a governor in Brazil doesn't have as much independence as a governor in the US. His approval was mainly because of Lula's government.

wasn't your father that said that Aecio was good for MG?

• Like 1