Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

How big is Halloween in Brazil? Is Annabelle going to increase this halloween weekend?

Halloween isn't very big, but we know about the other countries' culture, so people watch horror movies or something like it. Annabelle should increase.

The Dia dos Finados (Day of the Dead) won't help Annabelle, though. It's a pretty sad day in Brazil. Mainly because it isn't about fearing the dead, but remembering and honoring them.

Edited by Wally
  • Like 2

Halloween isn't very big, but we know about the other countries' culture, so people watch horror movies or something like it. Annabelle should increase.

The Dia do Finados (Day of the Dead) won't help Annabelle, though. It's a pretty sad day in Brazil. Mainly because it isn't about fearing the dead, but remembering and honoring them.

It's quite similar to El Dia de los Muertos in Mexico and La Toussaint in France at a lesser extent.

In France we had something called Mardi Gras when I was younger, it was all about disguises as well and it was typically French but it almost disappeared and Halloween took its place, it's commonly celebrated here now.

• Like 1

It's quite similar to El Dia de los Muertos in Mexico and La Toussaint in France at a lesser extent.

In France we had something called Mardi Gras when I was younger, it was all about disguises as well and it was typically French but it almost disappeared and Halloween took its place, it's commonly celebrated here now.

I think it's basically the same thing as El Dia de los Muertos.

Edited by Wally

I think it's basically the same thing as El Dia de los Muertos.

It's really difficult to imagine Halloween in Brazil, on the beach with palm trees (I know, clichés..:P ), but that must be fun.

Edited by Fullbuster

It's really difficult to imagine Halloween in Brazil, on the beach with palm trees (I know, clichés..:P ), but that must be fun.

You don't have to go that far looking for a Halloween day like that. Come to Spain! We have palm trees and beaches too... And thanks to the global warming this fall the temperatures still over 20 degrees :P

• Like 1

You don't have to go that far looking for a Halloween day like that. Come to Spain! We have palm trees and beaches too... And thanks to the global warming this fall the temperatures still over 20 degrees :P

Ahaha sure, I will come day one day or another ^^

Not now because I'm just a modest student, too expensive ^^"

• Like 1

You can stay at my place. I have a spare room :)

Thanks, that's nice of you ^^

I just can't leave even I want it anyway, university classes start back on Monday and Master's Degree classes, homeworks and presentations are much more numerous than I expected :( So busy and so many TV shows/movies to watch and videogames to play :(

• Like 1

Thanks, that's nice of you ^^

I just can't leave even I want it anyway, university classes start back on Monday and Master's Degree classes, homeworks and presentations are much more numerous than I expected :( So busy and so many TV shows/movies to watch and videogames to play :(

Some other time then :)

• Like 1

Apparently Halloween is celebrated in Brazil, and is increasingly popular despite this event came quite late there in this mostly Catholic country, the incredible growth of the protestant population maybe played a role.

Some links I found :

No correlation here. We celebrate it basically because........ i don't know, but protestants have nothing to do with it.

• Like 1