Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Probably a big fail. Cinemark in my city has 10 or more sessions for a big release. Interstellar has only three sessions (all three at night)

Everything we heard until now leads us to believe it will be the disappointment of the year in Brazil...

Don't despair! Thursday usually only represents 10-15% of the weekend gross. It still could do over $2m OW ;)

Good to know Henry :) However $2m would be bad, THe Hunger Games 3 will kill it instantly.

I mean it's impressive, I saw it reaching $10m a few weeks ago..I didn't expect such an animosity.

• Like 1

Good to know Henry :) However $2m would be bad, THe Hunger Games 3 will kill it instantly.

I mean it's impressive, I saw it reaching $10m a few weeks ago..I didn't expect such an animosity.

Those films are targeting different audiences IMO, but you are right $10m are totally out of reach. It's a pity :(

• Like 1

Those films are targeting different audiences IMO, but you are right $10m are totally out of reach. It's a pity :(

It's the Dilma effect B)

No MazeRunner23 don't punch me!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

More seriously, the Brazilian currency continues to slide so the exchange rate isn't helping at all, the Real lost 20% of it value this year against the US Dollar. It's not as dramatic as in Russia (-33%) but it's a problem for the BO numbers in dollars, The Hunger Games 3 will have to be strong to pass The Hunger Games 2 because the Brazilian market didn't grow by 20% from last year...