Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Just watched UNCLE for the fourth time, basically alone in the room, lol. But it was my fave view, I increase my grade from C to B+, are you happy, Napoleon? :P

I also watched Vacations, with 6 persons, lol. Super funny, second best comedy of year behind PP2 B)

This was the third time you watched the best movie of the year. Don't try to fool me    :ph34r:

I get confused by these American grades. What does B+ equals to in our grade system (from 0 to 10)? 

When The Avengers 2 was released on April 23 $1 was worth R$2.97 and it was terrible enough to hurt him badly in US dollars. Can you image $1 is worth $4.12 right now? The Avengers 2 grossed $48m with such an exchange rate, it would have grossed $70m with the same exchange rate than Avengers 1, and with today's exchange rate it would have grossed just $35.5m :o We're at a point when the exchange rate is completely killing the Brazilian movie market, it's a disaster. In US Dollars it's like the Brazilian market was back to its level from 7 years ago or so. It's very interesting in terms of experience that's for sure but still, movies are losing so much right now, given the size of the market it's quite a blow for the global movie market.

When The Avengers 2 was released on April 23 $1 was worth R$2.97 and it was terrible enough to hurt him badly in US dollars. Can you image $1 is worth $4.12 right now? The Avengers 2 grossed $48m with such an exchange rate, it would have grossed $70m with the same exchange rate than Avengers 1, and with today's exchange rate it would have grossed just $35.5m :o We're at a point when the exchange rate is completely killing the Brazilian movie market, it's a disaster. In US Dollars it's like the Brazilian market was back to its level from 7 years ago or so. It's very interesting in terms of experience that's for sure but still, movies are losing so much right now, given the size of the market it's quite a blow for the global movie market.

I need update my predictions:

SW7: $8m

BVS: $12m

Allegiant: (-)$4m

uG4fa4t.gif

Don't worry, Venezuela will save MJ2. In Venezuela I trust uG4fa4t.gif

Unless the country collapses or happens to be in a civil war by then..I mean, with a such a disastrous economy and poverty spiking every outcome is possible. Don't forget Venezuela's current BO numbers have nothing to do with its real size or potential, that won't be able to last for long!

Unless the country collapses or happens to be in a civil war by then..I mean, with a such a disastrous economy and poverty spiking every outcome is possible. Don't forget Venezuela's current BO numbers have nothing to do with its real size or potential, that won't be able to last for long!

I know, I hope things will get better soon there, and nothing bad happens with our lovely A D3 Rebel :(

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1

I'm SO angry! There's only ONE show for Everest here in Cinemark XD and it's 10PM, dubbled and 3D!!!!

That's all fault of this stupid Hotel Transylvania movie :x :x

Everest is still in previews. You should watch UNCLE again today cause it may leave theaters in your city while Everest will be expanding tomorrow and will be playing for a few more weeks.