kayumanggi

THE WILD ROBOT | 09.27.2024 | Universal | Chris Sanders to direct | official trailer 2 on page 7

1 hour ago, Speedorito said:

I’m surprised people said it was a masterpiece. It was good but not THAT good. But it was really cute and heartwarming.

Looking forward to the inevitable sequels.

I’d say Puss in Boots TLW was better than this. Everything about that film just worked out much better and any issues had are really just nitpicks. The Wild Robot has some small issues and a few things to nitpick, but it’s still a good movie.

Nothing groundbreaking, just good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

I’d say Puss in Boots TLW was better than this. Everything about that film just worked out much better and any issues had are really just nitpicks. The Wild Robot has some small issues and a few things to nitpick, but it’s still a good movie.

Nothing groundbreaking, just good.

Yeah it might just be a case of setting expectations too high based on reviews and various comments.

It really was a good film but I don’t think I’d rank it above Inside Out 2. Above Kung Fu Panda 4 though.

Tbh I’m more TWR > Puss 2, love the former and in the over the moon camp as while it’s simple sometimes when you do something effective it just works - and the latter is great but felt overhyped when I finally saw it mainly the humor department let me down somewhat and the Big Jack character. Both good elements but the way they got gassed up disappointed me.