kayumanggi

FLIGHT RISK | 01.24.2025 | Lionsgate | Mel Gibson directs | Mark Wahlberg stars

I was interested in figuring out how much everyone was getting paid for this film. As part of the gross $18M (then-anticipated) budget, ~$5M was distributed to the entire cast [alternatively, Walburg is one of 12 ABL nevada residents to split 4.8M] and $1.5M shared amongst Producers (including Gibson - there's an additional 800k listed in "direction" section but given the $0.00 listed for director in the ABL calculation, Gibson's salary is clearly folded into his producer fee).  

• Like 2

On 6/27/2024 at 11:53 PM, emoviefan said:

Where has this Wahlberg been? Looks like he is putting some effort in and not just another lazy streaming paycheck movie like the trailer that came out yesterday.  

Well, I think it might be fair to give some credit to the Director, here, considering his reputation in the field...but I don't know if that's even allowed "in polite society" anymore...  It's a miracle he got "Hacksaw Ridge"...and was nominated for an Oscar for it!  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I was interested in figuring out how much everyone was getting paid for this film. As part of the gross $18M (then-anticipated) budget, ~$5M was distributed to the entire cast [alternatively, Walburg is one of 12 ABL nevada residents to split 4.8M] and $1.5M shared amongst Producers (including Gibson - there's an additional 800k listed in "direction" section but given the $0.00 listed for director in the ABL calculation, Gibson's salary is clearly folded into his producer fee).  

These are interesting numbers, thanks!

Do you have a source for it / an article?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MrHardapple said:

These are interesting numbers, thanks!

Do you have a source for it / an article?

Yeah, it's from The Nevada Film Commission's public materials. They basically just dump the entire application online.

https://goed.nv.gov/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Hearing-Agenda-June-27-2023.pdf

from this landing page. I'm not exactly sure how to square these numbers with wikipedia's claims they only shot 2 days in Nevada but even if this was rejected it reflects the film's rough budget. I was going to poke around this some more. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Yeah, it's from The Nevada Film Commission's public materials. They basically just dump the entire application online.

https://goed.nv.gov/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Hearing-Agenda-June-27-2023.pdf

from this landing page. I'm not exactly sure how to square these numbers with wikipedia's claims they only shot 2 days in Nevada but even if this was rejected it reflects the film's rough budget. I was going to poke around this some more. 

Thanks a lot, this is more than interesting!

Would love to hear some more insights from you once you know more.

So the budget after tax incentives is around $16.7 million.

Edited by MrHardapple

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MrHardapple said:

Thanks a lot, this is more than interesting!

Would love to hear some more insights from you once you know more.

So the budget after tax incentives is around $16.7 million.

Plus post-production costs

• However, if all post-production will be completed outside of Nevada, then post-production expenditures can be withheld from the 60% calculation.

No post is listed (and it was 100% out of NV) and the film was close to not meeting the threshold (68%)
Edited by PlatnumRoyce