kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [05.28 - 05.30, 2024] | Thursday | 1.85M THE GARFIELD MOVIE | 1.73M FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

80m? Not sure about that. Furiosa barely opened higher than Civil War. We’ll have to wait and see if anyone else wants to watch this. Most of the hardcore fans went to see it on the first weekend. 

Edited by babz06

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

39% isn't half

If we use $8.43 vs $10.78 average ticket price

61 / 10.78 = 5.658

100 / 8.43 = 11.86

Audience would have been down by 48%, not sure it is true too, Fury Road had 3d tickets back in the days, rewatching it 2 days ago, I did remember a right, 3d for every big movie was a thing in 2015.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

If we use $8.43 vs $10.78 average ticket price

61 / 10.78 = 5.658

100 / 8.43 = 11.86

Audience would have been down by 48%, not sure it is true too, Fury Road had 3d tickets back in the days, rewatching it 2 days ago, I did remember a right, 3d for every big movie was a thing in 2015.

I totally understand the want to use admissions numbers, etc. But that's not a thing in the US. It's literally impossible to get accurate numbers. Just like it's annoying to use inflation adjusted numbers. Everything should be judged as a product of the time.

13 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I totally understand the want to use admissions numbers, etc. But that's not a thing in the US. It's literally impossible to get accurate numbers. Just like it's annoying to use inflation adjusted numbers. Everything should be judged as a product of the time.

The message you quoted clearly meant ticket sales:

$1.7M THU for #Furiosa    closing out full opening week #boxoffice with $38.9M in 7 days. That's down 39% from #MadMax    Fury Road's $63.4M from MAY 2015. So attendance was cut in half

On 5/30/2024 at 10:24 AM, Alexander said:

I swear 95% of people who tweet about movies... Know absolutely nothing. It's just pure stupidity at this point.

A lot of hte people here are more interested in cheerleadng for a movie then actually discussing box office.

They are very good at ignoring facts and reality if they clash with what they are cheering for.

11 hours ago, Kon said:

Is it so recently? I'm not sure this situation started due to COVID or short theatrical windows. The big OW trend seems to have started with superhero movies 

Honestly, I suspect people are just used to MCU movies where a 60% fall for their second weekend was good due to big OW.

I think the main factor in the sharp decline in ticket sales is Streaming. Even if COVID had never happened, the move to streaming would have happened; it would have b een more gradual though. All Covid did was speed the move to streaming up.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

The message you quoted clearly meant ticket sales:

$1.7M THU for #Furiosa    closing out full opening week #boxoffice with $38.9M in 7 days. That's down 39% from #MadMax    Fury Road's $63.4M from MAY 2015. So attendance was cut in half

Yes I understand what he meant. And what he meant was dumb, imo. Because there's no actual way of verifying that claim.