Eric the Marxist

D23 2024 Discussion Thread | Friday, August 9 Entertainment Showcase (7:00-9:00 PM PDT) | Saturday, August 10 Experiences Showcase (7:00-8:300 PM PDT)

To be fair, this is what happened when a Pixar filmmaker claimed to adapt that mentality:

Director Andrew Stanton On Making JOHN CARTER, The Books, Reshoots And More! (comicbookmovie.com)

If he is making this film for a specific audience: "That's the worst way to make a movie. I do not listen to The Beatles because they know what I want; I listen to them because I want to know what they like. It's not designed from the outside. I've been asked that question for 20 years at PIXAR, and I've given the same answer: we do not think of who the audience is. That's the worst way to make a movie!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kind of obsessed that Disney said Fuck It and is allowing sooooo much cell phone footage of the screens. My SDCC brain can not compute. 

• Like 1