Snow White and The Huntsman

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Snow White and the Huntsman

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

There had to be a reason for it, but i think i missed it. And they show us that she can relate to beasts, but never tell us why. Why did the troll not attack her, why did the reindeer bow to her? I just don't understand the story. There were so man unexplained things that happened in the movie.

Because she is Snow White :lol:The horse helped her because every animal was helping her. Everyone felt better around her. At least, that is my way to see what happened, but the horse made little to no sense. Even the birds showing the way out and the nail made more sense.

If you ever watched the animated film, like everyone in the world, you know that Snow White has a kinship with the forest animals. They want to help her. I get that you want it to be explained in the context of THIS movie, but really, if that's your complaint then it's simply nitpicking. It's a fantasy. You don't need every situation explained in great logical detail unless Chris Nolan wrote the script. Same thing about your complaint of her rising from the "dead" -- which I'm not sure she is actually dead or just in a deep sleep. It's a part of the canon Snow White legend. Everybody already knows why it happened. Awoken from a kiss.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

Sorry, doesn't help.

This is sort of like complaining about Peter Parker turning into Spider-Man becaus he was bitten by a radioactive spider. In real life, a radioactive spider bit is not going to turn you into Spiderman; it is going to put you in a coma, if you are lucky, and kill you on the spot otherwise.If you can't accept that concept in the first place, it's a waste of time to go see Spiderman. Similarly, if the concept of animals naturally bonding with Snow White, or with Snow White returning from the dead from a kiss, then it's probably best to avoid a Snow White movie.There's nothing at all wrong, by the way, with not liking a concept. But it makes no sense to complain about something being unrealistic when it's the basis of the entire story in the first place.

I actually liked the movie. I would give it a 7 or a 8 out of 10. But the horse scene in the beach is so random...

The birds guided her to the horse. It's a magical world, and such things are possible.edit- I see that you already get that. sorry. Edited by rb02

My only real plothole complaint is a small one.When the Huntsman is preparing to return Snow White to the evil brother, he then asks the evil brother about his dead wife.The evil brother should have at least tried to convince the Huntsman that his wife can only be restored when the Queen is around.Or instead that the Queen will only do so when Snow White is actually back in the castle, under wraps, and not a moment before.Instead, the evil brother foolishly tells the Huntsman that the Queen will never be able to do that, and that he was a fool for believing it.Which of course, causes the Huntsman to turn on them and to help Snow White, thus allowing her escape.Stupid, illogical boneheaded evil brother.

I am going to need this a few more times before placing it in my top 10 of all time. But, at a minimum, it's in the ballpark. From the spectacular visuals (Sanders may be the next Burton or Tarsem in that respect) to spot-on evil portrayal to the dark, intense tone to the epic battle scenes, everything fell into place. What was particularly neat was that the story so effectively took a 5 to 10 page fairy tale, remained true to it, while expanding on it the same, and came up with the best fairy tale adaptation since Ever After and arguably the best of all time.

There are probably a few minor flaws which kept the movie from rising to the level of Gladiator or Excalibur or a big screen version of Game of Thrones. Part of it had to with the necessary PG-13 rating. For this movie, the rating was necessary to bring the families in, and I have no problem with that. However, it did detract a bit from the realism of battle scenes. There were a few occasions where it was difficult to determine whether someone was actually dead or not. The score was very solid, but nowhere near as unforgettable as Gladiator or Excalibur or Conan the Barbarian (1982) version. Finally, Stewart was about 95% effective, and overall gets a B+, and contrary to what a few skunks on the web are claiming, her battle speech was A++++. But at times she was reminding me too much of Bella, and my preference is to never to be reminded of anything from that utter rubbish movie with Bella.

Overall, the absolute definition of a A+ movie. But for the Hobbit being released this year, I would already say that this a lock for my favorite of the year. As it is, it's the best new release I've seen since Apocalyto six years ago. I am very pleased to see that this is a clear-cut, unequivocal hit and equally amused by the trolls who are still takiing shots at its box office, after such a successful opening.

And Spiderman can be explained. They were working on spiders to genetically modify and enhance them. He got bit and then passed out, the molecules in his body took on super strength because of it. There. Easily explained. That took 2 minutes to explain in the film, which is more time than they took in this movie.

The entire movie is stupid and boneheaded, time after time.

And Spiderman can be explained. They were working on spiders to genetically modify and enhance them. He got bit and then passed out, the molecules in his body took on super strength because of it. There. Easily explained. That took 2 minutes to explain in the film, which is more time than they took in this movie.

Then please explain Twilight. There are no such thing as vampires, just as there no such thing as princesses who return from the dead from a kiss. So both are equally illogical, but at least Snow White didn't start sparkling in the sunlight. :lol:

You're a good man, Cjohn. I will buy it on DVD myself, unless I end up getting a bluray player at some point soon.

But there is one problem that I also read and remembered. Why didn't Ravenna tried to kill Snow White earlier by herself?I thought it was because what she made definitly took out a lot of energy from her considering the number of woman she killed after it. Edited by CJohn

Apparently she detected something within Snow White that made her decide to keep her alive.As it happens, that was her potential path to salvation and immortality. Once Snow White becomes the fairest in the land, she is the threat to the Queen, but, by having her heart, the Queen would be able to stop the Elizabeth Bathory stuff and still remain young and beautiful forever. Had she killed Snow White as a child, she wouldn't have had that opportunity.

My only real plot hole (if you can call it that) that I found myself wondering throughout the film was how Snow White was adapting to real world situations so easily after being locked up in a dungeon for her entire adolescence. For example, how did she know how to swim, ride a horse, develop a military strategy etc.As for Ravenna not going after Snow White herself earlier, I figured it was because of her weakening power. That her going after her at the end was more of a "desperation" move, whereas before she was always dependent upon her brother and henchmen. You saw when she returned to the castle, she was incredibly weakened and lost a great deal of youth because she used so much of her power. And as the mirror said at the beginning, when she uses her powers she loses some of her beauty and needs to feed on young girls to regain it.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM
  • Like 1

Did anyone else LOL when it cuts to the Queen near the end and she's surrounded by like 100 dead girls?

I didn't noticed to be honest, it was my mother that said "just look at that! wtf :lol:!"

My only real plot hole (if you can call it that) that I found myself wondering throughout the film was how Snow White was adapting to real world situations so easily after being locked up in a dungeon for her entire adolescence. For example, how did she know how to swim, ride a horse, develop a military strategy etc.

As for Ravenna not going after Snow White herself earlier, I figured it was because of her weakening power. That her going after her at the end was more of a "desperation" move, whereas before she was always dependent upon her brother and henchmen. You saw when she returned to the castle, she was incredibly weakened and lost a great deal of youth because she used so much of her power. And as the mirror said at the beginning, when she uses her powers she loses some of her beauty and needs to feed on young girls to regain it.

Exactly what I thought.