3 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Dolphin Tale

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Dolphin Tale is sickeningly sweet. I lost count at the amount of times I rolled my eyes when the kid hugged the father of his friend. Of course it's just not that, it's also the fact that it was ridiculously preachy in regards to people with disabilities and trying to feel loved. The part when the little black girl said, "he's just like me," I very nearly turned the television off. I mean, are you actually serious? People aren't stupid, and even kids would have immediately gotten the connection without any words. The little girl praying to her mother and the kid's cousin avoiding everyone just rubbed me the wrong way. I can appreciate the fact that it's good-natured and has a good message, but a lot of the execution was quite bad.Ashley Judd was great and the only highlight of the film. C-

Oh, glad I'm not the only one. I thought this might turn out to be worth the praise it received for maybe about the first 5 minutes. The rest was just a dull, manipulative slog towards a dull, manipulative conclusion. Even Morgan Freeman, when he finally showed up about 45 minutes to the end, couldn't keep me interested in this.

I got more entertainment out of that montage of the "real" rescue at the end than I did out of the movie that came before it.

D+