Your Highness

5 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Your Highness

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Hmm. I AM a fantasy and SF fan, so I'm biased but I liked this quite a lot. Sure, it has flaws, not the least one the too-big budget which was not always used in the wisest way. On the other hand, it has beautiful cinematography (which is no given with a spoof film) and some fine actors. Danny McBride and James Franco as the brothers are really good, they make the absurd rivalry almost believable. Natalie Portman is superb as the elfin (but bloodthirsty, deceitful and revengeful) warrior! And she keeps a straight face while delivering lines like: "That feeling is all too familiar. It's been burning in my beaver since the day I lost my brothers." That has to be worth something, so B from me.This went straight-to-DVD in Austria and Germany, I would like to watch this on the big screen because it IS beautiful. It seems to me producer and/or director didn't really have an idea where to go or what to do with the material; there are many superfluous or not-that-funny scenes while other scenes where the 3 questers are simply crossing landscapes or talking/flirting are too short.