Fright Night (2011)

6 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Fright Night (2011)

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Much better than it had any right to be.

For a film that could have been a massive disappointment, it manages to be pretty cool and slick, while also providing some laughs and some genuine suspense. Considering that the original Fright Night is one of my favorite horror films ever, and I generally hate remakes, it's an impressive feat that I enjoyed the film.

Farrell is really, really good as Jerry, and Anton Yelchin turns in a really strong performance, especially for a horror film. I also liked how the remake did just enough to maintain its own originality and creativity. It doesn't get close to living up to the mayhem of the last half hour of the original (what does?), but it has just enough creativity and some strong performances to ensure that while it may not of been a needed remake, at least it was a successful one.

B