Neo

Mark Millar Consultant At FOX

Mark Millar Now Consulting on All Marvel Films at 20th Century Fox

As someone who has spent his entire life obsessed with both comic-books and movies, this is essentially my dream gig as it's a unique combination of both...I really like the Fox team, love this bold new direction they have for their franchises and am proud to be working alongside some of modern cinema's biggest talents. James Mangold is incredible, Matthew Vaughn's one of my closest pals and Josh Trank gave us, in my opinion, one of the greatest superhero movies of the last decade with 'Chronicle.' The invitation to join this crew was maybe the coolest phone-call I've ever had.

Mark Millar Talks About His Consultant Role at 20th Century Fox

It's way too early to talk about plans just yet, but as you can imagine the idea here is to make exactly the kind of superhero movies you and I want to see most. There literally isn't a more talented bunch of film-makers to be working with and the team at Fox are incredibly excited about this bold new direction too. I also want to post this here to say thanks for the hundreds of emails I woke up to this morning and the thousand-plus tweets I got overnight from well-wishers. I wish I had time to reply to them all today - I usually reply to most of my tweets @mrmarkmillar - but this morning was an AVALANCHE and so I just wanted to so a big thanks, that I've read every one and that they're hugely appreciated. A highlight, I think, was well-wishes from Stan The Man himself. That's like the Pope sending a message. Couldn't have been more exciting.

But my biggest thanks has to go to director Joe Carnahan, I think. It was Joe who suggested me to the bigwigs at Fox for this role as he's always been a supporter of what I did in comics like The Ultimates and so on. He and Matthew Vaughn - both of whom have a very strong relationship with Fox - really pushed for me to get this gig and I just want to publicly thank them both for their support.

Mark Millar Interview: Supercrooks, Kick-Ass 2 & More

There’s a lot of responsibility as well, obviously you don’t want to mess them up but if you do it right, you’ve won. I’m surrounded by the right people – I’ve got Matthew Vaughn in charge of X-Men, Josh Trank in charge of FF and Mangold on Wolverine – and with the plans we’ve got beyond that it’s just impossible to have a bad day at the office – it has to be great! Even as a fan, I cannot wait to be sitting in Cineworld and watching.

My role is more of an overseer. It's not a consultant in the sense that I check continuity. What I'm doing is building a plan kind of like what Joss [Whedon] is doing with the Avengers movies. It's more of a writerly/producer kind of role where I look at possible directors we can use or possible writers we can bring in to work out a broad, overall strategy for what Fox Marvel can do to feel like Disney Marvel where they've done such a nice job of building a world where these characters can live together. They'll have a momentum that exist outside the structure of any one movie with little cliffhangers and things to tie them together. Disney Marvel has done a wonderful job with that, and I think there's something we can all learn from them.

http://www.comicbook...rticle&id=42105 Edited by Neo

I guess it's a kind of godfather position really. I'm overseeing all their superhero movies, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Wolverine and the movies that are related to them. It's quite a thing. Doing one movie is a big responsibility, but if you're suddenly doing six of them you're talking over a billion dollars of investment.

http://www.bigissue.com/features/interviews/1738/mark-millar-guys-death-rays-robbing-banks-its-world-im-really-comfortable

Of course, one of the biggest things to happen this year was the job at Fox, overseeing all the Marvel movies. Working with Mangold, Trank and Singer is very exciting, but we're already making plans for 2014 and beyond and there's two further directors we've been having discussions with in recent weeks too. Again, all this stuff will start to unfold very soon, but if you want to feel a bit jealous I'll just share that Jim's going to show me a cut of The Wolverine in January and Jeff will have the first cut of Kick-Ass 2 ready by february.

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?/topic/102241-millars-christmas-blessing/

Bryan Singer: Mark Millar "Not Involved" In DOFP

So I assumed that Singer and Millar would have talked at some point between October and February, when Singer and I sat down to chat…

But no.

I asked Singer to clarify how much Millar will be contributing to Days of Future Past, even if this was in the most basic of consultancy roles, and he told me that Millar wasn’t any part of it  - and that he didn’t even really know what Millar’s job with the studio is.