2 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Terrible movie, even for people who like those type of movies (me!).

the movie is predictable as hell, the two girls aren't charismatic as should be for this type of movie, the kid and his friend is super annoying also. The only saving grace is Chelsea Handler and her subplot.

1/10 

2012 "watch later" movies

9/10 Wreck it Ralph 

8/10 The Guilt Trip 

7/10 Sinister

7/10 Premium Rush

6/10 Frankenweenie  

6/10 Argo        

5/10 Dredd          

5/10 This Is 40    

1/10 Fun Size

This movie's biggest problem is it's struggle to find what audience it appeals to. I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons it flopped was it looked too raunchy for children and too "kiddish" for teens, and that struggle applies to the full movie as well. But besides that, it's just not funny. I think the only scene I barely chuckled at was the robotic humping chicken, and even then it was a lazy gag. You have all those typical, teenage-stereotypes that aren't played out very well. Jane Levy's character was fucking brutally annoying, one of the worst side characters I've ever seen. Thomas Mann's stereotypical nerd character ended up being too unrealistic to be funny. You can have a quirky nerd character in a teen movie, but it became really cringey when you saw him speaking in Greek with his lesbian parents.

Overall, it's a movie trying to be a callback to the 80's slice-of-life John Hughes teen comedy, but it fails in that aspect thanks to annoying characters and bad jokes. Generic and boring.

C-