A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Thanks.

I have a hunch Gatsby is getting released because it was a Village Roadshow co-production and they're somewhat active in the Chinese market (they co-produced Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons). Just a guess though, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. IMO it's the most unexpected Hollywood import of the year, except maybe Django.

There's already been one Korean quota release (The Thieves) but I would love it if they used another for Snowpiercer. Not holding my breath though.

Edit: How was Mr. Go handled? That wasn't a quota title, was it? I'm kind of fuzzy on how co-productions are classified.

More surprisingly about Gatsby is that it will be released in 2D and 3D the same time. Even STID, MOS/PR didnt get 2D copies.

Snowpiece might be the one if there is going to be another SK quota.

Mr. Go was released as a regular Huayi Brother output I suppose. didnt really know about that one.

The two Bunshinsaba movies, with plenty South Korea cast (from actors, directors to shooting, post-productions), were classified as local releases. The production company is right CFC. Bunshinsaba is quite different from Mr. Go though.

Sat MU is still behind JP.

I wonder when we will finally see an animated movie hit the #1 spot daily or weekly, since MU didnt make it. Last time animation stayed at on top was summer 2012 IA4 on Aug 7th.

Hope we dont have to wait for Panda 3 ... in 2015 or 2016 ...  :mellow:

Guys, is there a website in English that I could use to get updates on the box-office? I guess I could even Google translate a page in Chinese.

No English website yet. 

http://data.entgroup.cn/

Here's the daily boxoffice report from entgroup, but they only report the top five movies.

Edited by POLYLOVE
  • Like 1

My guess for Sat:

JP 37M --- 164M

MU 33M --- 55M

FF 14M --- 24M

UB 5.5M --- 95.3M

PR 4.3M --- 676M

JP has pretty good legs actually for a rerelease.

Do you know what's the budget for unbeatable?

It will be not interesting any more if you already knew the story....

Maybe not but just the JP experience on a huge screen is worth the price of admission. You can't duplicate the T-rex roar at home.

Edited by Bishop54

My guess for Sat:

JP 37M --- 164M

MU 33M --- 55M

FF 14M --- 24M

UB 5.5M --- 95.3M

PR 4.3M --- 676M

JP has pretty good legs actually for a rerelease.

Where do you see MU finishing? 30M seems given but what about 40M?