Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

35 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is clearly the most ambitious film in the franchise. Verbinski goes for broke here, and it results in one of the most convoluted and bloated blockbusters in the modern day. Yet, despite this being annoying at points, the film is almost always engaging, thanks to the strong quintet of characters at the center of this story (Jack, Elizabeth, Will, Barbossa, and Davy Jones, to be clear). A bit too much lore is introduced this go-around; a lot of the expository moments might've fit better in Dead Man's Chest, but it's always visually stunning. The final hour of the film is both utterly riveting and remarkable on how it ends the trilogy absolutely perfectly. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is easily the most flawed of the trilogy; however, thanks to the strong characters and wonderful setpieces, it still is a highly entertaining blockbuster with strong staying power. B

• Like 1

so on the 2nd time watching the movie I can def say that the moment I actually felt Kaya was acting great is in the scene 'My name is Barbossa':wub::therethere:& in his death scene really heartbreaking

I wish she was less bland the rest pf the movie & I could relate to her charcter in some way. (instead she was running around shouting how she's smarter than anyone)

also 4 scenes that really stand out & make it feel like its the same franchise as the Gore trilogy are def

1 Barbossa's death

2 Willabeth reunion/ Jack returning to BP as the Cap

3 The hangman scene

4 Flashback with young Jackie

without them the movie would lose a lot of its appeal imo

also its more apparent the 2nd time (& after rewatching POTC1-3 once again) that the movie's biggest drawbacks are the lack of memorable quotable dialogue & quality humour, & memorable characters (or lack of returning original characters)

Gore (& previous screenwriters) really had the ability to make even minor characters stand out (like Pintel & Raggetti or Ana Maria)

basically I expect much more from this franchise (even just as a cinema lover & disreagarding the fact Im a devoted fan from the beginning) than something like TF where its enough to add some WHAM BAM explosions & the public will eat it up