A Christmas Story

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I honestly think this is one of the greatest films of all time.I think its a travesty that its not very well known outside the States.I cant possibly praise this movie enough. I adore it! Its pretty much everything I love about christmas wrapped into one, gingerbread cookie of a movie. Its sincere, but never too earnest or syrupy, as it keeps a sort of a mischievious tone throughout the film. All the actors do a great job, especially Ralphie and the dad.There are so many things about this movie I can relate to. Thats the funny thing about A Christmas Story: It takes place in the 30's but it might as well be based on all of ours christmases.10/10

• Like 1

"be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

"frageelee, It must be Italian" "I think that's fragile, dear"

"you'll shoot your eye out"

I could go on and on with just the great lines from the movie.

It's a definite see during Christmas time.

A

• Like 1

10/10..I too could go on and on about how great this film is. But here's a piece trivia for you.Bob Clark directed this film at the same time he was helming Porky's II. The famous LEG LAMP (the racy mannequin's leg in fishnet stockings-lamp) makes an appearance when the kids are performing the swordfight scene of "MacBeth" onstage. It's one of the funniest parts of the film.

• Like 1

Cinematic perfection. One of only a handful of movies I feel that way about. The acting, script, and voice over work by the author all combine to make this easily one of the most enjoyable movies ever made. If you've not seen this, it's absolutely worth a try.A+

• Like 1