6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

A very good remake, even if it is surpassed by the original in almost every way. Funnily enough, I used to like this version better, but after watching LTROI a few more times, the better that movie would get and the worse this movie would get.

The two are almost shot-for-shot in most scenes, but they both have different styles in their direction. Let Me In emphasises the horror aspect of the film and the scenes between Owen and Abby are more muted. That doesn't mean it takes away the romance, though. In many ways it helps because it highlights the relationship between darkness and love. The two young actors do a great job, but I have a hard time buying Chloe Moretz's attractiveness.

While, overall it doesn't take many risks that make the original so great, it still manages to be a very effective horror/romance that sticks with you after the credits roll.

A-

I was surprised at how much I liked this movie when I first saw it. I now really enjoy it since I have it on blu ray.

I saw this first and only saw bits and pieces of the Swedish version so I don't really have that as a comparison.

It's one of those movies that has you cheering for the wrong side, but the movie doesn't really make you feel bad for doing so. They did a great job of showing how isolated Owen was even going as far as never showing the mom's face clearly during the movie.

The car accident scene is still an amazing scene to me.

A-