baumer

Parental Guidance

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Alright movie I guess. A few of the jokes were greatly written and made me laugh out loud. Still, a few scenes felt horribly bad (especially the one at the end with that boy commenting the game - I MEAN WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY APPLAUD?; or the one at the opera... who would clap at that.). But yeah... Family Movie.

B-

WOW...JUST WOW....Billy Crystal I understand you need a paycheck but there had to be better scripts then this. The movie is so by the numbers its not even funny. The film has 1 or 2 jokes but their so far from each other that it's just bad. Everyone was annoying.

To me the only scene that would of been a saving grace for this film was when Crystal was going to hit the kid. It made sense and I think it would of been better if he hit the kid. Then Crystal while the kid is hurt, he can explain to him that if he actually just listen to Crystal then he wouldn't of gotten slapped. Plain and Simple.

Anyway this movie is really bad and I don't recommend it.

I know that this movie had major flaws, especially a weak and cliche script. But I really enjoyed it, I laughed and I cried. Billy Crystal, IMO, was ever enjoyable and funny. The movie left a big impression on me. The reason was because I watched it during Christmas holiday with one of my best friends. During the scene when Billy's character was having a heart-to-heart talk with his daughter, I glanced over and realized that my friend was quietly crying. Her dad left the family when she was young and practically cutting ties with his children since. That scene really hit too close to home. I reached over to hold her hand and that made her cry harder, but I felt glad that she had a chance once in a while to let it all out. I myself was reminded of how I lucky I am, still having my whole family, my Dad loving and supporting me every step of the way. So yeah, as a Christmas movie, for me Parental Guidance did a good job at conveying the theme about family, about love and bonds. It delivered on the emotional level as well as entertainment value.A- from me.

• Like 1