Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

I wanted confirmation the role is nothing. I got it. Than you came here with your fanfiction about oscar chances. This is the last time I comment on this non-subject. Done. Move on or move out.

So you were having a discussion about her role in the film and it's chances as oscar bait. Which is exactly what I commented on.

No fan fiction, just an opinion on a matter YOU were discussing.

It's all there a couple of pages back. Feel free to educate yourself.

You, sir, need a Fishnets dictionary. Fishnets says a lot of crap, but also contributes to fun, and legitimate discussion. It's just sometimes a little masked. Immerse yourself here and you'll see what I mean. 

And I thought fish was a guy...... :unsure:

:rofl:

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I turned on Come What May to the max and put the troll on Ignore. Nikki K power! Hey, what`s the buzz on Grace of Monaco?

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I turned on Come What May to the max and put the troll on Ignore. Nikki K power! Hey, what`s the buzz on Grace of Monaco?

It's oliver dahan. You expect it to be anything but messy? :lol: 

There was a theory on IMDB that Harvey was just buying up the competition so he could ram Streep to #4 and Julia to #2. I doubt it, but I really love that theory. ;) 

It's oliver dahan. You expect it to be anything but messy? :lol:

There was a theory on IMDB that Harvey was just buying up the competition so he could ram Streep to #4 and Julia to #2. I doubt it, but I really love that theory. ;)

Julia #2 and Amy Adams empty handed again? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don`t know who Olivier Dahan is. You`re like Wikipedia for obscure film-makers,etc.

Edited by fishnets

Like she got traction for hope springs?

She specifically requested that Sony not send out screeners for Hope Springs. Deadline ran a spread about it. Her chances were slim, but SAG wasn't out of the question. However, she chose to killed her own chances. Presumably to give Streep Fatigue (which doesn't exist) a break. She and Harvey aren't stupid, and she wants number 4. (And to beat Hepburn) 

Julia #2 and Amy Adams empty handed again? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don`t know who Olivier Dahan is. You`re like Wikipedia for obscure film-makers,etc.

If what I'm hearing is accurate I think Julia could be a very serious contender if she goes supporting. 

Olivier Dahan isn't obscure.... :lol: (Well at least going by my definition of Obscure) He did La Vie en Rose (aka marion Cotillard's Oscar win), which was quite messy. I'm sure everyone agrees with me on this. 

I just hope Inside Llewyn Davis can pick up traction. I don't really like the Coen's comedic works, and some of their earlier works. But, their recent works, and their dramatic works are just amazing. It's probably one of my most anticipated OC films of the year, tied with or just below August. 

I just hope Inside Llewyn Davis can pick up traction. I don't really like the Coen's comedic works, and some of their earlier works. But, their recent works, and their dramatic works are just amazing. It's probably one of my most anticipated OC films of the year, tied with or just below August. 

It has a really low score on imdb.com. Was it on Sundance?

How`s that Ashton Kutcher = Steve Jobs movie? He got good reviews on Sundance,no?

Wha? You don't like their comedic work? That's their best shit!

Yeah, Streep kibboshed campaigning hence JLaw joke "I beat Meryl" which some people didn`t get.

If Julia`s ego prevents her from going co-lead, she could win BSA. I think she`s smart enough to go BSA.

All Harvey needs to do is mention the words win and supporting together and she'd be in. She's not getting anywhere in leading. Streep steamrolls everyone in the film. 

It has a really low score on imdb.com. Was it on Sundance?

It had a private Sony screening in February I think. That's it so far. I doubt 99.9% of the people voting have even seen the film. 

How`s that Ashton Kutcher = Steve Jobs movie? He got good reviews on Sundance,no?

Let's just say that his film doesn't even have a release date anymore ;) 

So if Lewelyn picks up traction, Oscar host JT may end up a BA nominee? He`s the lead according to imdb.com.

Oscar Issacs is the lead...

And it might go to Cannes, and Hedlund is in it. :wub:

Edited by riczhang

OMG, this is as cruel as anything ADF would say. :wub:  Do you post on Knightmare Central?

I generally don't. Sometimes I do though. I just really enjoy their actress threads. 

Edited by riczhang