Cars 3: Mater Goes to Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Melbourne, Rio de Janeiro, Berlin, Delhi and Cape Town and Mexico City and Jakarta, oh and Madrid, Kiev and Nairobi, also Cairo and Bangkok and VOTE FOR YOUR CITY FOR MATER TO GO TO only for a LIMITED TIME at wwww.nocreativeintegrityappealingtolowestcommondenominatorselloutshacksdisneypixarmerchandisesales.com

of course Katzenberg will try to top that I'm sure.

A Madagascar 4 Shanghai & Beijing & Hong Kong & Tianjin & Wuhan & Guangzhou & Shenzhen & Chongqing & Chengdu & Istanbul & Karachi & Mumbai & Sao Paulo before ending up in Los Angeles & San Francisco & Santa Monica & Chicago & Hawaii & every city in the world.

Sorry, but FUCK MADAGASCAR & CARS or more properly DISNEY EXECUTIVES & MERCHANDISING.

I guess you won't be watching Wreck-it-Ralph this winter since Disney execs are getting these things so wrong these days <_<

Seriously. Not all animated movies have to float your boat. Be glad that so many do (or I assume, otherwise you wouldn't bother being in these threads). What people that complain like you don't realize, is when attacking movies and merchandise so aggressively, you're also attacking the huge audiences that buy/love these, which is absurd. Between when my son was 2 and 5 years old we probably bought him at least 3-4 hundred $$ worth of Cars toys and clothes, and he played with them and wore them all the damn time. Cars 2 is probably my kids most re-watched movie over the last year.

Can't respect the genre/medium without respecting the fact that one of the largest components FUNDING its existence is your so-called "lowest common denominator", by which I assume you mean my children :bravo:

It's not like Pixar was in serious financial straits before Cars 2. Every single one of their films had been a commercial as well as critical success. They didn't have to stoop that low.

Edited by tribefan695

Pixar's last 4 movies: Up, Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Brave.

And you guys can't stop bitching about Cars 2? 1 out of the last 4 you didn't like, and it's "Fuck Madagascar and Cars" as BK put it and "Disney pandering to the lowest common denominator" and that garbage. If you're going to complain about the movie, at least try to avoid insulting the audience.

And they didn't stoop nothing, damn. One of their movies finally missed that adult audience. Get over it. You don't own pixar. Again, 1 in their last 4 movies you didn't like and you still can't stop <_<

Furthermore, commercial calculation doesn't have to come at the expense of solid filmmaking. I actually really enjoyed Madagascar 3.

Well I grudgingly went to Mad 2 after hating the first and thought it was miles better than the first, so I wouldn't be surprised if I liked Mad3. I think DWA bringing G del Toro into the fold to be their own "Lasseter" is helping them a lot lately. And to be honest, at this point I'd trust del Toro more... But that's for a different thread.

I guess you won't be watching Wreck-it-Ralph this winter since Disney execs are getting these things so wrong these days <_<

Seriously. Not all animated movies have to float your boat. Be glad that so many do (or I assume, otherwise you wouldn't bother being in these threads). What people that complain like you don't realize, is when attacking movies and merchandise so aggressively, you're also attacking the huge audiences that buy/love these, which is absurd. Between when my son was 2 and 5 years old we probably bought him at least 3-4 hundred $$ worth of Cars toys and clothes, and he played with them and wore them all the damn time. Cars 2 is probably my kids most re-watched movie over the last year.

Can't respect the genre/medium without respecting the fact that one of the largest components FUNDING its existence is your so-called "lowest common denominator", by which I assume you mean my children :bravo:

Wreck It Ralph looks good. It's clearly only been greenlighted because of all its tie-ins though and being such a boys movie. It seems to have shot past to filming pretty quick whereas Frozen only just after years and years of development was allowed to progress and that was after scrapping once PATF disappointed and when Tangled did great.

What's that even mean? Are you defending the existence of Cars 2 here? All of them should strive to make Pixar-level material. Do you think everyone should push out Cars 2, Madagascar 2 and Shrek 4 products? I'm sorry that I expect a higher level of intellect and engagement from a studio that has shown that in its 11 previous features. And anyway as tribefan said, it's not like Pixar lost money on any of the 11 before, so your "point" is invalid as it is archaic.

I doubt you even have any respect for the medium appreciating the drivel that Cars 2 embodies. It's not supposed to be solely for 5 year olds, and you should know that if you respect the medium.

And they didn't stoop nothing, damn. One of their movies finally missed that adult audience. Get over it. You don't own pixar. Again, 1 in their last 4 movies you didn't like and you still can't stop <_<

It was BK who brought it up first, I'm just going along with the flow.

But I'm not going to say it's not a bad film just because your kids liked it. There were a lot of bad movies I liked as a kid where I was able to pick out the flaws later on in my life. There were also films I liked as a kid that I still like (maybe even love) as an adult. Childrens' entertainment runs the gamut of quality just as much as adult entertainment does, whether kids realize it at first or not.

My problem isn't that the film is devoid of deep meaning or thought-provoking messages, it's that it tries to be meaningful and ends up coming out as a lot of BS.

Edited by tribefan695

Wreck It Ralph looks good. It's clearly only been greenlighted because of all its tie-ins though and being such a boys movie. It seems to have shot past to filming pretty quick whereas Frozen only just after years and years of development was allowed to progress and that was after scrapping once PATF disappointed and when Tangled did great.

What's that even mean? Are you defending the existence of Cars 2 here? All of them should strive to make Pixar-level material. Do you think everyone should push out Cars 2, Madagascar 2 and Shrek 4 products? I'm sorry that I expect a higher level of intellect and engagement from a studio that has shown that in its 11 previous features. And anyway as tribefan said, it's not like Pixar lost money on any of the 11 before, so your "point" is invalid as it is archaic.

I doubt you even have any respect for the medium appreciating the drivel that Cars 2 embodies. It's not supposed to be solely for 5 year olds, and you should know that if you respect the medium.

Do you have kids? How the hell do you get off calling them the lowest common denominator? That's what I took offense to. And "FUCK MADAGASCAR AND CARS". Grow up. Move on. Cars 2 was the highest grossing animated movie last year. A LOT of people enjoy the franchise and the merchandise, even if its not nearly as good as Toy Story or Finding Nemo.

Pixar's last 4 movies: Up, Toy Story 3, Cars 2 and Brave.

And you guys can't stop bitching about Cars 2? 1 out of the last 4 you didn't like, and it's "Fuck Madagascar and Cars" as BK put it and "Disney pandering to the lowest common denominator" and that garbage. If you're going to complain about the movie, at least try to avoid insulting the audience.

Cars 2 is a symptom. We had many posts on this before and it's not as simple as "1 movie out of 13 you hated so STFU already." Remember that we know nothing about how Monsters U is going to turn out even tho at the moment it's looking really interesting... But before, it was - "3 out of their next 4 movies are sequels. What happened to their taking pride in not making unnecessary sequels?"

Edited by whoot

ROFL I love it when you guys in one breath lamblast the creative teams at Pixar and Disney as sell outs and losers, no creative integrity, etc -- over ONE movie, and in the next sentence: "their next movie looks good".

You probably liked Tangled too. And Toy Story 3 and Brave.

"integrity" -- right <_<

Cars 2 is a symptom. We had many posts on this before and it's not as simple as "1 movie out of 13 you hated so STFU already." Remember that we know nothing about how Monsters U is going to turn out even tho at the moment it's looking really interesting... But before, it was - "3 out of their next 4 movies are sequels. What happened to their taking pride in not making unnecessary sequels?"

A symptom of WHAT though? IMO it's a symptom of growing pains at Pixar. They're losing a lot of the main people over the last few years, and we're relying on the next generation to get it done. NEWT was canceled. Cars 2 got moved up a year. I SHUDDER to think if Brave had been forced into 2011 instead. Plus their last 2 films have both needed director-changes mid-production.