Plain Old Tele

Turist (aka Force Majeure) (2014)

Turist (2014  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The penultimate scene took me out of the film in the way it was so clearly a writer's construct (no one would go skiing in such a dense fog unless a filmmaker needs them to), but besides that, this is an insightful, sharp and, most importantly, frequently hilarious deconstruction of a modern family unit, inflated male ego and expectations the society automatically puts on a man. It also largely avoids being condescending towards its characters or the viewer, which would have been an easy road to take. I've seen three of Ruben Ostlund's films now and I have to tip my hat to the guy, he's one of the few people that keep modern European art cinema genuinely interesting and provocative without alienating the viewer. 

These three minutes of male ego being inflated and then deflated is easily my favorite scene in the movie. Funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf7j27bS1V0

The penultimate scene took me out of the film in the way it was so clearly a writer's construct (no one would go skiing in such a dense fog unless a filmmaker needs them to), but besides that, this is an insightful, sharp and, most importantly, frequently hilarious deconstruction of a modern family unit...It also largely avoids being condescending towards its characters or the viewer, which would have been an easy road to take.

this would be exactly like my review if I ever write one.

I really liked the penultimate scene, it's not realistic or anything but it's very tense and that's enough for me I guess.

90/100