baumer

The Wedding Ringer (2015)

6 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I was shocked.  I went to see this thinking it wouldn't be that great.  I was wrong.  Hart is hit and miss for me but here, he nails it.  This is one of the funniest films I've seen maybe ever.  Hart and Gad are terrific together and the comedy is straight up R rated.  There are some scenes that me and my brother were in hysterics over.  A truly shocking film and one that I'll see again.

8.5/10

• Like 1

I was surprised there was no thread for this movie after I saw it. Anyway on to the review.

The Wedding Ringer: I really went into this movie expecting another Ride Along. Instead I got a pretty good comedy with lots of gut busting laughs and an believable bromance between Josh Gad and Kevin Hart. The two guys have a great chemistry and would love to see them in another movie together. Story wise the movie is predictable, but in movies like this, its about the journey from point A to point B. There's lots of laughs, decent character development, and overall just a really good time.

Grade: B+

• Like 1

The dinner table scene where Hart pretends he was a priest and then starts talking about his drug habit and such...I laughed my behind off in that scene.  I also loved the homage to the Usual Suspects when she seems to figure out the lie.  The movie is just so much fun.

• Like 1

Yeah, I enjoyed the movie far more than I thought I would. Kevin Hart and Josh Gad are great and the jokes mostly landed. And agree with baumer, the Usual Suspects homage was a lot of fun. Not a great movie on the whole but highly recommended nonetheless.

***½/*****, (B, 7.2/10, 3/4)