Jack Nevada

Favorite Woody Allen movie

I'm currently watching Stardust Memories and I thought of making this thread. 

So what is your favorite film directed by Woody Allen? He's absolutely my favorite director and I've seen most of his pictures. There have been plenty of stinkers (Scoop. Bleurgh) but he has done some amaaaazing movies, man.

Mine has to be Manhattan, with Midnight in Paris coming in close second

Edited by Jack Nevada

Like trying to pick a favorite child! I'd probably say Manhattan or Hannah. There's also Love and Death, Annie Hall, Stardust Memories, Broadway Danny Rose, Purple Rose, Crimes, Husbands and Wives, Deconstructing Harry.

I felt like one of the few Woody fans who didn't love Midnight.

Sue me.  ;)

I loved Corey Stoll as Hemingway, and Owen did a pretty good job playing Woody. Rest of it fell pretty flat for me. 

btw Did you ever see Scoop? Jesus christ what an abortion that picture is. Absolutely awful. 

• Like 1

Oh, Scoop is terrible. I would say it's right at the bottom for him.

Its baffling how he made that right after Match Point, which is a damn good movie. Even more amazing is that 5 years after Scoop he makes Midnight in Paris, one of his best, and then follows that up with the utterly mediocre To Rome with Love. His career is uneven to say the least